Possible to get driving ban reduced?

Convicted Driver Insurance

melanieh81

Got banned in 2008, due to get licence back in march 2011... However, I need my licence back now... My Mum is registered disabled and relies on my Dad to transport her to hospital/doctor/shops/library etc.... However, Dad has just had triple bypass operation and is medically unfit to drive so I would like to approach the Courts to ask for my driving ban to be reduced under these exceptional circumstances... Any advice for me please???

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are banned for less than 4 years then you are able to apply to the courts for the early return of your driving licence.

The application must be listed before the same court that imposed the ban in the first place and there is usually a fee payable.

When deciding the application the court must have regard to the following statutory criteria:
(a)the character of the person disqualified and his conduct subsequent to the order,
(b)the nature of the offence, and
(c)any other circumstances of the case.

We have many years experience of successfully making these applications. Preparation, the gathering of evidence in support and good presentation is key. Call us on 08450020736 if you would like to discuss in more detail or arrange representation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off