Police want me to contact them about drink driving incident

Convicted Driver Insurance

90s

Hi All

Today I received a letter from the police station they want me to contact them urgently for there investigation when I got caught drink driving last year October 2021 and haven’t had any contact since today I hit in to a traffic light I called the station but couldn’t get hold of the sergeant anyone had this previously?

Hi All

Today I received a letter from the police station they want me to contact them urgently for there investigation when I got caught drink driving last year October 2021 and haven’t had any contact since today I hit in to a traffic light I called the station but couldn’t get hold of the sergeant anyone had this previously?
Unfortunately it sounds like they want you to contact them to arrange to go in for an interview to charge you....

Presumably you were released under investigation when you were caught and they sent your blood sample off for analysis? They have either got the result back and they want to charge you or they haven't had the result back yet and they want to interview you to see if you can drop yourself in it so they can charge you before the 6 month timescale is up.

Hi @BigTom

Thanks for the message really appreciated,

I was release on investigation I didn’t have any blood samples taken. So I assume they want to interview me in regards to this matter I have tried to contact the officer who dealing with the case but no response. I have taking down the times I called and the officer who i spoken to. I think I am going to leave it as that now and wait for a response.

Hi @BigTom

Thanks for the message really appreciated,

I was release on investigation I didn’t have any blood samples taken. So I assume they want to interview me in regards to this matter I have tried to contact the officer who dealing with the case but no response. I have taking down the times I called and the officer who i spoken to. I think I am going to leave it as that now and wait for a response.
Just log every attempt you have made/make to respond to their request. You said they've written to you, so they obviously have your address. If/when they come knocking on your door at least you'll be able to show that you've been doing your bit to get in touch. I'm guessing you're currently on bail?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off