Please help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ahmed007

Please guys help. I am a foreign student. My story is that I got out of my house yesterday because I couldn’t drink at home in front of my wife and children. Then,I went to a ground Parking (about 5 mins walking from house),I parked my car in the garden parking, turned it off, got out of it and had some alcohol while walking in the garden.Then, I got cold and went back to the car to watch a match in my cell phone, there weren’t any alcohol bottles in my car, I didn’t drink inside the car, then I wanted to get off the car to go home walking because I know that you cannot drive with alcohol, but unfortunately the police came suddenly and stood next to me from the right door and asked me what i am doing. I said I am watching a match , I asked him ( can I go home) and I mean walking, then He tested my breathing and they took me to the police station and there they arrested me and took another breath test and it was 42 percent. The charge is in charge of a motor vehicle while above the legal limit. I wasn’t driving and there was no chance to drive the car because I know the laws and respect them. I was hiding from my wife so she wouldn't see me drinking alcohol, and you know the restrictions because of Covid, there are no bars and restaurants open. I have to go to court on May 18, and I don't know what to do. My driving license is not UK. Alcohol has very bad implications in my country because it is not allowed there i am very scared.
questions are
What I will expect in court?
Should i plead guilty?
Will they tell my embassy or Foreign affairs?
Will I be in the local news?
What are the impacts of conviction?

Good morning,

Please see answers below.

What I will expect in court?
That just depends on how you plead. If you plead guilty they will decide on your sentence which could be a disqualification or potentially could be points. If you plead not guilty you have a potential defence but you will definitely need a good solicitor.

Should i plead guilty?
Again you have a potential defence but you have to factor in the cost of a lawyer and an expert report which would be needed.

Will they tell my embassy or Foreign affairs?
I do not know.

Will I be in the local news?
It depends on whether or not there is a reporter in Court whilst you are being dealt with.

What are the impacts of conviction?
I can only really advise as to sentence as the 'impact' is varied.

Kind regards
Martin.

Thank you so much.
One last question, is it possible to make a deal with court or police without going to court because my reading is 42 and first conviction?

Yes please i would like to call any of your office and thank you.
But will I have a criminal record even I will leave the country in 2 months (forever) because my visa will expire in 2 months.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off