please help with advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

worriedfriend

Hi There

I am a very worried friend. My friend was in a minor accident ( a car was turning in the rd with no lights on) upon police arriving they done a breath test and my friend blew 41 (i do not know what this means) he was taken to the station and had a blood test an hour later... he is now on bail and is to go back in dec. This will be his third dd offence and he is worried sick he will be sent to prison... please can you tell me if this will be the case i have searched everywhere to try and find this information out.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for your post.

The first question is whether or not your friend will actually be charged. If he provided a reading of 41 then he would have only been slightly over the limit. We would need to speak to your friend to determine the level of the breath readings at that police station.

A third drink driving offence within a period of 10 years will carry a very real risk of a custodial sentence. The fact that your friend was involved in an accident will also be an aggravating feature.

In order to determine the actual risk of a custodial sentence we would need more detail regarding the circumstances of the offence. It would be ideal if your friend could contact us to discuss the matter.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Hi

many thanks on your reply and sory for delay in getting back. The reading of 41 was at the station so he has to go back for his blood results. I know the risk of prison is highly likely but i feel he more needs to go on an alcohol course as he clearly hasn't learnt from previous convictions. I have advised him to seek legal advise from a solicitor and i guess there is not much more i can do to help.

Once again i thankyou for your time in responding.

x

If his blood specimen is over the limit it should not be over by much. That will help matters. Your point regarding an alcohol course is a pertinent one.

If the Court imposes a community order one of the requirements that they can order is the attendance of a drink impaired driver's programme. This is an intensive course, normally comprising 14 2hr sessions designed to address poor decision making and risk taking whilst in drink.

The last time I dealt with a third-time offender in Court, that was the sentence which was imposed. Of course, there is no guarantee that the Court would impose this in your friend's case.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Hi

Very grateful for your reply. Your advice has been very helpful and hopefully the outcome will be somewhat positive.
Hope his lesson has been learnt.

Again i am grateful :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off