Please help me i dont know what to do

Convicted Driver Insurance

josize

A few weeks back i was convicted on drink driving after having a few pints with some mates for the first time in months as i dont usally drink, i stopped drinking for a few hours as my mate bought me cokacola. on my way home i over took a slow moving car and didnt see the police car untill it had pulled up next to me. My breath test was a fail and i was taken to the police station where my reading was 56/57 and i had blood sample taken as well.

I then spent the next ten hours in the police station cells and had my statement and DNA taken. My court is in a week and i dont no what to do :(

I will lose my job and my pregnant girlfriend will hate me. To make things worse i was convicted speeding in my works van (SP10) 3months before and got 3points and £60 fine.

Please help me as i cant afford a solicitor and will have to repesent myself!

I'm really sorry to hear about your drink driving case.

A similar thing happened to me last year and it was a very stressful experience.

I too couldn't afford solicitor fees but a friend recommended driving offence solicitors who gave me some great advice and were really friendly.

David.

Josize,

If you are convicted or plead guilty to this offence then a ban is compulsory unfortunately. You could ask for the lowest possible ban (12 months) with up to 25% off if you were willing to complete the drink drive referral course, which no doubt will be offered to you at Court.

The breath test result that you have advised of is in the lowest sentencing bracket. This means that the Court will disqualify for between 12 - 16 months. You may also expect to receive a fine and Court costs - usually between £35 to £70.

What was your blood test result? You will be prosecuted using the blood result and not the breath test result.

Well iv lost my job now and am trying to find a new one which isnt easy as i live in the middle of no where :(

I have also had a letter via the post saying that they are considering charging me with dangours driving and driving without due care and attention .....help :( they must just hate me

Havnt had the results back for my blood yet as they said it could take up to six weeks.

Iv seen some peoples court fees be up to £900 odd :S

thank you for your support and advise much needed :)

Last edited:
In order to advise fully, we would need to see the documentation that you have received in respect of your case. We are able to offer a fixed fee service if you were interested. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.

You should be aware that dangerous driving is an extremely serious offence, which carries a mandatory ban and an extended re-test that would be imposed if you were convicted. Furthermore, it could lead to the imposition of a custodial sentence depending on the facts of the alleged offence.

Would you be able to be my solicitor at Cheltenham Courts as Im not sure where you are based :confused:, thanks

We would be in a position to represent you. We are based in Greater Manchester but represent motorists all over England and Wales. If you want to appoint us as your lawyers please contact us by telephone on 01942 774179 and ask for Julie Robertson.

I went to court today (UK) for my DUI. I have worked with police and the youth offending team for 11 years. A solicitor may help you but from what I see daily, a magistrate (unless you have a special reason, unfortunately losing your job is not one) they are not interested. If you do have a solicitor, then they can mitigate on your behalf and may be able to lower the fine. The one thing they cant do is challenge evidence ie breath test analysis. As you have lost your job legal aid may be available, but be aware. DUI's are treated seriously in court as they adopt a 'zero tolerance' to this offence.

I was arrested, twice over legal limit. I choose not to be representated because if you lose you may well find other costs ie prosecution, court fees, victim support.

I pleaded guilty before I left custody. What I received was 20 month ban, £558 fine and offered this course. I will take the course as it knocks 5 months off my ban, but again it will cost me £120.

It also depends on the day which type of magistrates are sitting. I can only give you facts learnt from other solicitors I work with. You wont receive a custodial sentence.

I do feel for you. The lead up to court is ver hard to get through.

TC

Well iv lost my job now and am trying to find a new one which isnt easy as i live in the middle of no where :(

I have also had a letter via the post saying that they are considering charging me with dangours driving and driving without due care and attention .....help :( they must just hate me

Havnt had the results back for my blood yet as they said it could take up to six weeks.

Iv seen some peoples court fees be up to £900 odd :S

thank you for your support and advise much needed :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off