PLEASE HELP - losing livelihood

Convicted Driver Insurance

S261099

My friend, Age 23, clean license. Got stopped by police and blew alcohol level of 61 on New Year’s Eve. Was attacked by a random van at 2AM who hit his car, then 2 men exited the van and physically hit his leg. My friend got in his car and drove off in fear of his life but in the process of getting out of the area he got stopped by police at 3AM as he was beeping a lot at a slow driver in front of him. Levels were 61 so he got arrested. Has a court case in 2 weeks but if he gets disqualified he will loose his livelihood. Does delivery so relies on his car. How can he avoid getting disqualified so he can continue working? Doesn’t usually drink due to religion but was a one off as it was New Years. Please advise

We think there was an hour in between yes. He was in shock so he did not report the van at first. Was released on bail at around 9.30 AM and called 101 to report the van at around 4PM. Please is there any way to get out of losing his license?

Do you think if he finds the money to hire a lawyer would they be able to convince the court of the situation? As it was quite serious with the van men carrying hammers to attack him. There’s slight damage on his car too. Is it worth hiring a lawyer to try and him out of getting disqualification? Really appreciate your help

The only way to avoid disqualification would be if it was an emergency circumstances but I doubt you would convince the Court he was still in fear an hour later.

I think he will have good mitigation but he will still lose his licence.
Do you think if he finds the money to hire a lawyer would they be able to convince the court of the situation? As it was quite serious with the van men carrying hammers to attack him. There’s slight damage on his car too. Is it worth hiring a lawyer to try and him out of getting disqualification? Really appreciate your help

Hi sorry we found the picture sent by a bystander, it’s of the van. He was stopped by police around 15-20 mins after, not an hour. Do you think this information could possibly be enough to avoid disqualification? And how can we bring up this special reason in court?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off