Please help, hearing is next week!

Convicted Driver Insurance

eloise1998

Hi there,

On the 23rd this month I was arrested for drink driving after stupidly letting someone I know pressure me into taking them home after a night out..
I failed the breath test at the roadside and was arrested and re tested in the police station.
My lowest was 72 I believe.
I was in there for a few hours, and then released with no interview, but a court date for next week.

I was wondering if you could help me gain an idea of what sort of ban / fine I will be looking at to put my mind at ease?

I have no previous convictions etc and have a clean driving record of 6 years.

This was completely out of character for me as I am heavily against drunk driving.. I just let my friend get the better of me.

Please could you help on this?

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately I cannot afford a good lawyer… do the duty solicitors at court help with this?
If I as you do the DDR course will that also help reduce this?
As you can imagine this is affecting my mental health massively.. I have also seen in some of the posts on here that a letter of apology to the judge can also help to reduce in some cases?

That’s reassuring for sure, are the duty solicitors free of charge? And how long do these hearings usually last? I’ve never been through anything like this so it’s really terrifying not knowing what to expect..

Hi there, thank you for your recent advice,

I have since had my hearing and am due to start paying my fine soon, the court gave me the option to pay £70 a month until it was paid off, as I couldn’t pay the whole amount there and then,
Even though it is instalments, am I able to pay the whole lot off on payday on Friday? Or will I have to stick with the £70 a month?

Hi martin,
So when I call them up tomorrow to make my first payment I need to ask if it’s okay to make the full payment?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off