Pleading not guilty

Convicted Driver Insurance

Krazeland

Good evening, I am pleading not guilty to my drink driving charge for various reasons. I would just like to know what will happen at court once entering this plea. I will be using a duty solicitor.

Will the case be adjourned so the police can gather evidence? I will be taking my evidence along with me, will this get looked at in the first hearing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Drink driving is a strict liability offence, and there are limited routes with which to defend. If you wish to discuss this in more detail, then please do not hesitate to contact one of our motoring team on 0333 009 3335.

In terms of a court appearance, if you enter a not guilty plea at the first appearance the matter will then be adjourned for trial. A timetable for proceedings and a trial date may be set at the first appearance. This would establish directions, such as date by which evidence would need to be disclosed, by both the defence and the prosecution.

It is unlikely that the evidence you take with you will be considered at the first appearance, and it may be that any evidence you have would have to be disclosed in order to be considered at trial.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off