Permitted driver of Mobility vehicle

Convicted Driver Insurance

Noodles

Hello
  • The driver was my partner who was the permitted driver.
  • He was running an errand for me that morning.
  • My Mobility vehicle was involved in a RTA involving another vehicle at midday.
  • He was breathalysed not far from the scene.
  • He blew between 80-85.
  • He gave a no comment interview (IV).
    • I do not know what was asked in the IV, I do not know exactly what he was arrested.
  • He was not breathalysed at the police station.
  • He was taken to hospital for treatment, broken bone, they took routine bloods.
    • I do not know those blood results.
      • Should I see if I can obtain an FoI for the results?
  • He is was then taken to a Mental Health (MH) Unit, first to a Section 136 Suite, then on to another unit, where he remains now for 4 weeks.
    • He is still under assessment, there is no discharge date in place.
  • The Assessor from the insurers have pressed me for a witness statement, which I gave.
    • I have not signed off on it as it has errors.
      • Should I sign the amended version?
  • The Assessor included a Road Traffic Mandate - Third Party (RTM - TP).
    • I do not want to sign this, I have requested to the Assessor to approach the insurers to clarify paragraph 4, that was 3 weeks ago.
    • How can I sign a document which opens me up to unlimited liability when the case is not black and white and I do not know any information of the circumstances of the accident.
      • Where do I stand with not signing the RTM - TP?
  • The insurers (Assessor) is unable to obtain a statement from my partner or have him sign a RTM - TP.
    • If the insurers are unable to obtain a statement from my partner what happens next?
  • I have not spoken directly with the insurers and don't know how I stand legally.
  • My partner attempted suicide weeks before and was in hospital for 8 days. He asked to be admitted in to MH unit, instead he was assigned a community Crisis team. The cause of drinking was that he is suffering from severe untreated mental health issues.
    • At no point was he told he could not drive or should notify the DVLA.
  • My partners only assets is our home which is in joint ownership with me.
I am scared and finding it hard to find any advice, thank you for reading. Can you help me?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off