PANICKING NOW

Convicted Driver Insurance
I know this thread has been covered on here but I've just recieved the medical forms to renew my temporary licence its stating 1 year of abstinence proof and I dont have any im guessing its a new requirement since last time around ,any help would be appreciated, I'm seriously panicking.

I know this thread has been covered on here but I've just recieved the medical forms to renew my temporary licence its stating 1 year of abstinence proof and I dont have any im guessing its a new requirement since last time around ,any help would be appreciated, I'm seriously panicking.

They want evidence from your GP that you don't drink, this is usually a date of last drink logged with your GP and backed up with regular LFT testing with results within the normal parameters. I don't think it's too new, it was what I had to do in 2019 and what members on here report going back a few years before my medical licence was issued.

I'm sure you had your GP's support in the first place and would have told them when you stopped drinking, that should still be on file so just make an appointment to see them, get an LFT and send their recommendation plus that LFT result as evidence with your renewal and hope for the best.

They want evidence from your GP that you don't drink, this is usually a date of last drink logged with your GP and backed up with regular LFT testing with results within the normal parameters. I don't think it's too new, it was what I had to do in 2019 and what members on here report going back a few years before my medical licence was issued.

I'm sure you had your GP's support in the first place and would have told them when you stopped drinking, that should still be on file so just make an appointment to see them, get an LFT and send their recommendation plus that LFT result as evidence with your renewal and hope for the best.
Thanks grice96 I'll ring the docs today, I'm sure im not the only one in this position.

My last recorded drink was jan 2017 but was given a temp licence with no issues in jan 2020.

If your doctor backs you up on that date you should have little issue, just get a recent LFT. The doctors date plus results within the parameters should be good for a renewal.

Don't quote me on that, the DVLA are a law on themselves. But your GP's word is worth more than yours.

I was in the same situation, as long as the Doctor backs you up and you dont have a record of Alcohol abuse/misuse logged with the Doctor you will be OK.

Strange,I got a one year licence just before Christmas 2020,dvla rang me to confirm this,but I'd checked online..(misuse category)
I asked if I still needed lft tests and the lady said no..advice anyone for my next application?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off