Painfull waiting process.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Taffy

Hello all. After my 2 1/2 year ban, I finally got around to doing the cdt test. This was not my favourite as I HATE needles!

Well, had the letter confirming the test for the cdt. And we’ll get back in about 4 weeks. Ok I thought, seems reasonable.

So the letter came through the post today and.........now we want you to take a urine test!!! Now why couldn’t you do these all in 1!

I don’t do drugs. But a few days ago I had a few tokes on a joint at a party. So now to make sure I have to use the test just before the within 6 week period.

So in reality that’s another 2 1/2 months more waiting. Like they say folks. Don’t count your chickens. Thank Christ I didn’t buy a car all ready.

I haven’t heard of this double test malarkey on the forum. Which has been a good few years now.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Well, thanks for reading guys and galls.

Richie.

Hello all. After my 2 1/2 year ban, I finally got around to doing the cdt test. This was not my favourite as I HATE needles!

Well, had the letter confirming the test for the cdt. And we’ll get back in about 4 weeks. Ok I thought, seems reasonable.

So the letter came through the post today and.........now we want you to take a urine test!!! Now why couldn’t you do these all in 1!

I don’t do drugs. But a few days ago I had a few tokes on a joint at a party. So now to make sure I have to use the test just before the within 6 week period.

So in reality that’s another 2 1/2 months more waiting. Like they say folks. Don’t count your chickens. Thank Christ I didn’t buy a car all ready.

I haven’t heard of this double test malarkey on the forum. Which has been a good few years now.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Well, thanks for reading guys and galls.

Richie.
mine was 14 weeks + without comlications!!!! and I only got 1 year lcense issued

Just a quick update. I was overjoyed to see the brown Dvla envelope on my doorstep with license within.....only to see I have only a yearly license!

Bummer. They say you have six months to appeal it, at the magistrates court.

Does anyone have any experience if contesting this?

A yearly licence is usually a step to getting a longer licence, although they may require you to take further tests before extending it.

I've never known anyone appeal getting a licence before so you may well be in uncharted waters. However, I think it is unlikely any court would overturn it. The DVLA are very likely to say they have reason for anyone with a known alcohol problem to undertake further testing. Magistrates, generally being crusty, grumpy and old, are probably going to agree with them.

If it's any consolation due to the fact I take anti-epileptics - not for epilepsy - the DVLA gave me a one year licence. They then issued another one year, then a three year. They are a law unto themselves. Sometimes you just need to play the game.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off