Over on BAC Calculation

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dolly1990

Hi,

I’m after some help and advice on behalf of my boyfriend if possible please.

On 30th September at around 6.30pm last year my boyfriend crashed his car after being out for a drive on an industrial estate near his home. He crashed into a set of gates and then went through them into a pole. There were no witnesses but someone nearby heard the crash and called the police.

When officers attended the scene at around 6.53pm. He blew 47 at the roadside. He was taken to the hospital and no blood was taken nor any urine. He was taken back to the station and the lowest reading he blew was 27. He released him on remand under investigation.

Due to the bizarre nature of the accident (a grown man going for a drive and crashing) the police have decided to do a BAC calculation. This came back at 42. The police asked my boyfriend his height and weight but didn’t measure either themselves. He underestimated what he weighed as he told them he weighed 70kg but as he isn’t someone who weighs themselves regularly has since found out he weighs 75kg. He is having the BAC calculation redone by his solicitor in hope it comes out under.

How like is this? Is it likely that the BAC calculation will come back under? If the BAC calculation does come back under could his case be acquitted?

My boyfriend is really anxious since the crash and I am really hoping he won’t loose his licence. Any advice or insight would be very much appreciated.

I'm sorry but if you have already engaged a solicitor you would really need to contact them as they are in a much better position to assess your case.

Kind regards
Martin.
Thank you, it’s the first time either of us have been through anything like this so we were just seeking some experienced/educated opinions and advice on the circumstances so we know what to expect and how likely a conviction is.

I just wanted to add that he has no points on his licence and no previous convictions. Just praying the BAC calculation comes back favourably and that the case will be acquitted.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off