One year licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
I've got a one year licence as an hro and am in the misuse category, my question is do I have to repeat my lifts with my gp or just do the dvla medical at or near the end of my first year,moving forward am I likely to have a longer licence or will it just be another one year again,many thanks

I've got a one year licence as an hro and am in the misuse category, my question is do I have to repeat my lifts with my gp or just do the dvla medical at or near the end of my first year,moving forward am I likely to have a longer licence or will it just be another one year again,many thanks
Keep up with the bloods and ongoing checks with your GP as i have read sometimes no medical required the second year but they can write to your doctor.Others will know better than me just to add.

I had my second 1 year license issued without a medical, but they did write to my GP. I visited him half way through and had a voluntary liver function test, just to keep him updated and have evidence on my record just in case. The DVLA make it up as they go along, so I'd definitely recommend at least one test throughout the year, preferably more.
Unfortunately, the cycle and hoop jumping does not stop with the end of your ban.

I had my second 1 year license issued without a medical, but they did write to my GP. I visited him half way through and had a voluntary liver function test, just to keep him updated and have evidence on my record just in case. The DVLA make it up as they go along, so I'd definitely recommend at least one test throughout the year, preferably more.
Unfortunately, the cycle and hoop jumping does not stop with the end of your ban.
Its better to keep GP on side and have ongoing support. You must have had a low CDT reading on your DVLA medical

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off