Not received my D27

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sam68

I am due to get my licence back in 3 weeks and I’ve not received my D27 form. I’ve been to the post office they have none. Said I may need a D1. But they don’t have any. Tried to ring the DVLA constantly engaged! Can anyone help???!

The Post Office are not holding forms atm as they’re not being sent by DVLA to post offices because of COVID!!

They are not sending out the reminders, you need to send a D1 form and they process that. But it's not quick so i would get on it.

They are not sending out the reminders, you need to send a D1 form and they process that. But it's not quick so i would get on it.
I filled in a D1 sent it recorded delivery put in copy of letter I got from dvla at time of banning, plus my course certification- licence back in 1 week

My D27 Came today. (20 days into my 56 day window of opportunity). Had already got a D1, sent it off on day 2 and licence returned by day 9! Don't bother waiting for the D27. Get in early. Especially with the new lockdown looming. People keep saying DVLA are in a backlog and D1 forms from drunk drivers will end up at the bottom of their pile of things to do. 7 days mine took. Don't hang about. Get it done.

Did u get ur Full Uk license back after you sent the d27?? I have full Uk license got 12 month ban for cannabis, will I get my Full license back, I wasn’t ordered for retest or medical or anything, don’t want to have to start again with provisional, if I send the d27 or d1 will I get my full one back so I can go back to delivering straight away??

You will get back whatever licence you had before your ban.
unless your reading was very high you should be OK to just be sent it back not long after you apply. If you failed to provide or had a high reading it is conceivable that DVLA will ask you to do a medical. They are allowed to do this if they want to, but in the current situation they will only require a medical if they feel it is REALLY necessary.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off