Not had licence back yet, can I use section 88?!

Convicted Driver Insurance
If your GP is OK with you driving, DVLA have your complete and correct application (check to see if the cheque / postal order has been cashed) and you are not HRO then you are good to go under A88
Ok thank you, i am just worried about being pulled over and then the police issuing me with another ban/offence

I would strongly suggest you need to call the medical department to ensure they have your "complete and correct" paperwork as this is one of the criteria for S88.
You cannot simply assume that just because you have sent it and they have received it that this means that everything is fine. Also, ask them to confirm in writing that you may be entitled to drive under S88.
As long as they have the "complete and correct" paperwork and you fit ALL the criteria for S88 then you are covered.
If you don't fit the criteria then you simply can't be covered under it.
You said that your doctor has been contacted to "note your file" - what does this actually mean?
Again, part of the criteria for S88 is that you have to have been declared "fit to drive" by your GP. If you and he has done this and then noted this on your file then that is good and what I would have suggested here anyway.
The only thing that matters is you KNOW you are fulfilling ALL of the required criteria. You cannot assume anything.
Hi, thank you for responding, do the DVLA have a medical department to contact? as I wasn't aware of that before. GP has confirmed i am fit to drive and no issues there. All the other criteria I meet. I did call the DVLA and they confirmed receipt of the form, but said will be processed as soon as possible as I am sure many other people have been told.

Hi, thank you for responding, do the DVLA have a medical department to contact? as I wasn't aware of that before. GP has confirmed i am fit to drive and no issues there. All the other criteria I meet. I did call the DVLA and they confirmed receipt of the form, but said will be processed as soon as possible as I am sure many other people have been told.
Yes if you look on the DVLA gov page all the contacts etc are there it’s very simple . Even I can use it ☺️

Hi, their number is 0300 790 6806.
You will inevitably need to make numerous calls.
So, I'm wondering then, you weren't aware of the medical department. Did you only send off a D1 pack or something and nothing to the med department? I didn't know that could happen - in my instance I've had to send two sets of forms to the two different departments.
Price gave an excellent and concise answer earlier this morning to your query.
If you only sent off one set and nothing to the med dept then simply check to see if postal order has been cashed.

If bw100 isn't HRO what has the medical department got to do with it, have I missed something...if his Dr has agreed there is no reason not to drive, s88 is available.

If bw100 isn't HRO what has the medical department got to do with it, have I missed something...if his Dr has agreed there is no reason not to drive, s88 is available.
Yes I was thinking the same I am not a HRO, so reason why I am also confused about the medical department being required.

Hi, their number is 0300 790 6806.
You will inevitably need to make numerous calls.
So, I'm wondering then, you weren't aware of the medical department. Did you only send off a D1 pack or something and nothing to the med department? I didn't know that could happen - in my instance I've had to send two sets of forms to the two different departments.
Price gave an excellent and concise answer earlier this morning to your query.
If you only sent off one set and nothing to the med dept then simply check to see if postal order has been cashed.

As BW100 says, this poster has said he is not a HRO, so the medical department is nothing to do with his application.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off