Not charged as yet

Convicted Driver Insurance

Saf75

Hello I stupidly got into my car after an argument and after having a large glass of wine. I crashed my car into a parked vehicle unfortunately I was over the limit I was arrested someone on my road rang police. At police station I was breathalised. breathalyser was 48. I spent night in custody. Worst day of my life. and was released on bail the next day after being interviewed. (The duty solicitor told me to go with no comment as I was very emotionally distressed and still in a state of shock) with no conditions under investigation. This was on 10 April 21. How long before they charge me and Will I definitely be charged? This would be my first ever charge. I have never felt so regretful in my life.

You sure will be charged. I'm surprised though. Did they not gove you any paperwork of your charge? Not sure how long but sum1 on here will know. Good luck

The paperwork says ‘Released - Under Investigation’. It’s the not knowing that’s really upsetting. I know I’ve messed up bad but I’m really stressed out not knowing what the police is going to do next. :(

The paperwork says ‘Released - Under Investigation’. It’s the not knowing that’s really upsetting. I know I’ve messed up bad but I’m really stressed out not knowing what the police is going to do next. :(
I understand. I was in exactly the same situation as you. My one was a while back in 2017. However from the 06/5/17 , i then appeared in court on the 19/05/17. It was agony. But you must remain positive as it is not the end of the world. There is some free Lawyer advice if you search on this platform.. whatever u do you must ask to go on the Drink driving course. Be as remorseful as u can and dress up like I did smart if u r to attend court. Not sure of Covid19 restrictions at the moment. I wore a suit but I know sum saying engaging a lawyer won't matter. But for me it helped to put across my story and events. Hav a look on here, there is loads of advice and Lawyers input too..basic and knowledgeable of cuz but very helpful . There are also ppl from the TTC DRIVER TRAINING On here too who help a lot.

They may well have released you while they obtain statements to confirm you were seen driving.
When they have those, they will issue you with a summons, but they have up to 6 months to request this, so you will have to sweat for quite a while, but I do expect that you will be in court for this.

Thank you both for getting back to me so quick. I guess I will just have to wait for the police to write to me. 😞

I have just received a letter from my insurers Churchill saying my cover has been suspended. Should I cancel my policy myself? it ends on 31 May 2021. I'm still awaiting letter from police if they're charging me, which most likely they will.

I think it would be best if you called Churchill and ask if they will allow you to cancel the policy, but also ask if they will cancel the suspension.
If that remains on file, it will cause you difficulty with getting other insurance with any company, not just Churchill afterwards.

Hello I stupidly got into my car after an argument and after having a large glass of wine. I crashed my car into a parked vehicle unfortunately I was over the limit I was arrested someone on my road rang police. At police station I was breathalised. breathalyser was 48. I spent night in custody. Worst day of my life. and was released on bail the next day after being interviewed. (The duty solicitor told me to go with no comment as I was very emotionally distressed and still in a state of shock) with no conditions under investigation. This was on 10 April 21. How long before they charge me and Will I definitely be charged? This would be my first ever charge. I have never felt so regretful in my life.
Mine took 5 months to come through. Be prepared for the wait unfortunately x

Ahh so no need for me to get my hopes up I’m 4months in thanks for info :)
Yeah, the closer I got to 6 months the more hopeful I got. 3 weeks before the 6 months there was the letter. Court date 3 months later and now waiting until August for the trial. Good luck with yours

Yeah, the closer I got to 6 months the more hopeful I got. 3 weeks before the 6 months there was the letter. Court date 3 months later and now waiting until August for the trial. Good luck with yours
Awww Mann I’m dreading it tbh how far over was you if you don’t mind me asking and trial does that mean u went not guilty?

48, definitely, you were over the limit. I think your solicitor said yo go NC because the police might of thrown Dangerous driving at you and god knows what when you hit another car, static or mobile,,, so you can deffo plan on a ban sadly,,, that's if you were deffo breathalysed at the police station??????

Similar to me mid May letter came third week October court 10 days later mine was 2019
That wait was the worst & you start trying to convince yourself you are ok !!

48, definitely, you were over the limit. I think your solicitor said yo go NC because the police might of thrown Dangerous driving at you and god knows what when you hit another car, static or mobile,,, so you can deffo plan on a ban sadly,,, that's if you were deffo breathalysed at the police station??????
I guess I'm just hoping that I'll receive a letter from police saying that 'No further Action' will be taken. Dreaming I guess. I defo was breathalysed. ah the regrets I have :(

Hello everyone.. not posted anything in a while though I’ve still been ‘lurking’…. I’ve still not heard anything from police…been nearly 5 months, it’s really stressing me out

Hello everyone.. not posted anything in a while though I’ve still been ‘lurking’…. I’ve still not heard anything from police…been nearly 5 months, it’s really stressing me out
Mine was 5 months and 18 days. It’s torture waiting for the letter. I felt weirdly better when it did though. Know it’s coming and try not to think about the 6 month deadline. It gives false hope

I can understand the frustration. My incident happened exactly 5 months ago today and still not heard anything...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off