no memory of incident

Convicted Driver Insurance

bernie

Hi,

I need some advise please. My son was involved in a head on collission with an articulated lorry on 13th Feb '09. He has no memory of the incident or of events leading up to it. Apparently the police took blood at the hospital but he cannot recall this as he has very little recollection of his time in A&E. (he also did not have his blood sample on him when we eventually found him in hospital, but he had been moved about as he had xrays and a brain scan) His blood result showed 131 and he has been charged and is due in court on 29th April.

He went out that night with the intention of having a few drinks and left his car parked at home, apparently he left the pub and went back to a friends house where he had another drink and walked home at about 2am, for some reason he got home and then got into his car and drove towards Heathrow Airport...he has no friends in this area and had no phone call on his mobile to indicate why he got into the car and travelled in that direction.

Should he plead guilty and if so will the circumstances of the event be taken into account?

Many thanks
Bernie

Bernie,

Further to our discussion yesterday I would recommend that your son allows a motoring law expert to cast their eye over the evidence and procedure at the hospital as there may be significant defects in the procedure, which would prevent your son's specimen from being used in evidence.

This should be done before he enters a plea at Court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off