Newbie - watched for a while

Convicted Driver Insurance

TPR

Hi all.
been reading the forum for a number of months, finally decided to muster the courage to register and say hi!
Hmmm. What’s the necessary?
Had a breath reading of 94.
had a ban of 20 months.
just don’t ask me about the fine....please :(
took the Ttc course and genuinely thought it was the most useful 3 days of my driving career. (However bad that might seem!)
I had an interesting court experience... I pled not guilty with a post driving consumption.
I had the science proof/blood thing etc. That agreed my position. However, the court did not!
No matter now - half way through the ban.
just thought I’d introduce myself and not be a lurker.
any questions welcome etc.
tpr

Oh. And by the way. As an add on. Weirdly, I’m kind of grateful that I’m in this blooming awful predicament. I always thought I was ok to drive...no problem. I’m grateful I didn’t hurt anyone. I’m lucky I didn’t crash / hurt anyone.
that time.
none for the road.

Oh. And by the way. As an add on. Weirdly, I’m kind of grateful that I’m in this blooming awful predicament. I always thought I was ok to drive...no problem. I’m grateful I didn’t hurt anyone. I’m lucky I didn’t crash / hurt anyone.
that time.
none for the road.
Welcome along and you will get some great help here (y)

Reactions: TPR
Hi TPR,

The first few months of the ban are always the hardest due to figuring out how to get around for both short and long journeys (long ones are usually easier!) as well as adapting to the fact that you can’t just drive down to the shops or go and visit friends and family easily.

As I’ve said before on this forum, after you’re past the halfway mark, things will start moving along a bit quicker and before you know it, the final month will be upon you.

As you’re an HRO (more than 87.5 in breath) the process to getting your license back is a bit different as you maybe aware, so you ideally need to start preparing for the medical a few months before the end of your ban to give yourself the best chance - a month or two of complete abstinence is usually more than enough and this gives your liver enough time to return to normal should it have had a hammering previously!

MM

Thanks MM,
This forum has been very useful in many ways. Primarily as a comfort to know that I am not alone, and that although I am thoroughly ashamed of my actions... they aren't the end of the world and we can always come back from what seems an impossible situation at the time. I'm currently interested in a couple of the threads. Obviously the Medical/CDT/GP discussion, which will become more important for me in the next few months as i prepare for the 3/4 month countdown. Also the links that members are making to drink driving/alcohol abuse and anxiety. It seems such a common theme. It seems counter intuitive that many DD are linking their history with anxiety/stress and yet it seems presenting to a doctor with these issues could cause many future problems of their own.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off