New on here. Renewal of second 1yr licence. Advice please ty

Convicted Driver Insurance

LFCmad

Hi there all, reading a few posts on here and just want to be on the right track for the next medical.
Got my license back last year after 10yrs, never bothered as no money and public transport was good.
Was put through the mill with CDT medical, delays, etc. One yr license issued HRO of which I now understand the process.
No history of missuse or dependency, no issues are recorded with docs.
Casual drinker, happy driving and didn't realise I actually missed it, convenience and cor work etc, car was a godsend during lockdown for shopping etc.
I got a medical questionnaire 3rd week of Jan 21, my license stated its ends 1st April.
Filled out form, sent it off, no cost of medical.
As precautions I've not dared drink since 30th Jan. I've been healthy this last yr, few drinks weekend, 2 bottle of wine, over sat and Sunday, 4-6 beers during the week. ( lockdown blues )Sometimes none .
I've been on milk thistle this month, my mate is a fitness freak, so been drinking 1 teaspoon of cacao powder, spirulina, wheatgrass all mixed in a blender 20secs, half a pint of water. This is really good I think for the toxins in the body, maybe mind over matter but works for me....

Anyway no reply yet for a medical date, was wondering whether to contact DVLA in beginning of march due to all the delays and cancellations etc?
I was told that I can drive past 1st April if medical not done from the DVLA last year. Was thinking if the police will pull me over for no license and all the BS that comes with it. Is it true I been hearing ppl not even been contacted when there ban is over for a medical, and guys being pro active and getting no where, lost paperwork, lied to on the phone, so I'm stressing now.
I have a clean license no points, or DD over 14yrs now. When I get my medical I hoping my CDT WILL BE AROUND 0.8
Will they contact my doctor again as all is the same as last year, or is it pot luck?
I have changed docs this year and not even seen him, 3 phone calls for antibiotics, painkillers and prescription monthly ( not for driving, or stress, depression, etc mental health, alcohol)
Is it worth to ring him after medical and explain the urgency to fill out the form correctly and tick the correct boxes as I heard some horror stories on here about MISTAKES being made. Hence delays and stress....

Also I've been drinking Heineken alcohol free beer yesterday 2 cans. It say 0 percent. Just a change and to see the difference, never had alcohol free beer before. It tastes bitter but ok ish. I was wondering if that will show up on the CDT test, I was told no, but I guess you on this forum will know a bit more. Thanks for reading this thread and any words of wisdom welcomed...

I drink Heineken Alcohol free, Bavaria is cheaper and nicer by the way, my CDT's have been 0.6 for the past 4 years. I dont drink any alcohol so the answer is No, it doesnt show up at all.

Hi there all, reading a few posts on here and just want to be on the right track for the next medical.
Got my license back last year after 10yrs, never bothered as no money and public transport was good.
Was put through the mill with CDT medical, delays, etc. One yr license issued HRO of which I now understand the process.
No history of missuse or dependency, no issues are recorded with docs.
Casual drinker, happy driving and didn't realise I actually missed it, convenience and cor work etc, car was a godsend during lockdown for shopping etc.
I got a medical questionnaire 3rd week of Jan 21, my license stated its ends 1st April.
Filled out form, sent it off, no cost of medical.
As precautions I've not dared drink since 30th Jan. I've been healthy this last yr, few drinks weekend, 2 bottle of wine, over sat and Sunday, 4-6 beers during the week. ( lockdown blues )Sometimes none .
I've been on milk thistle this month, my mate is a fitness freak, so been drinking 1 teaspoon of cacao powder, spirulina, wheatgrass all mixed in a blender 20secs, half a pint of water. This is really good I think for the toxins in the body, maybe mind over matter but works for me....

Anyway no reply yet for a medical date, was wondering whether to contact DVLA in beginning of march due to all the delays and cancellations etc?
I was told that I can drive past 1st April if medical not done from the DVLA last year. Was thinking if the police will pull me over for no license and all the BS that comes with it. Is it true I been hearing ppl not even been contacted when there ban is over for a medical, and guys being pro active and getting no where, lost paperwork, lied to on the phone, so I'm stressing now.
I have a clean license no points, or DD over 14yrs now. When I get my medical I hoping my CDT WILL BE AROUND 0.8
Will they contact my doctor again as all is the same as last year, or is it pot luck?
I have changed docs this year and not even seen him, 3 phone calls for antibiotics, painkillers and prescription monthly ( not for driving, or stress, depression, etc mental health, alcohol)
Is it worth to ring him after medical and explain the urgency to fill out the form correctly and tick the correct boxes as I heard some horror stories on here about MISTAKES being made. Hence delays and stress....

Also I've been drinking Heineken alcohol free beer yesterday 2 cans. It say 0 percent. Just a change and to see the difference, never had alcohol free beer before. It tastes bitter but ok ish. I was wondering if that will show up on the CDT test, I was told no, but I guess you on this forum will know a bit more. Thanks for reading this thread and any words of wisdom welcomed...

There is no guarantee you will be sent for a medical. I had my one year license reissued last May without a medical, they just went by the response of my GP and my questionnaire. Although at the time there was a ‘proper’ lockdown due to Covid.

I was also assured that I could drive under section 88 of the road traffic act, whilst my license was being processed, so don’t worry about that.

I would, however, stay off the drink completely whilst the process is going on, as who knows what the dvla will decide! They are totally random and I think it all depends which person opens your case as to whether you get sent for a medical or not.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off