New driver and blew a 54

Convicted Driver Insurance

EmBanks

I passed my test in June 2018 and in March 2019 I got arrested for drink driving. I live in Southend-on-Sea but the incident occurred in Brighton so I have to travel back to Brighton for the court hearing in a few days. I was with a couple of friends at one of their houses where I had a couple of drinks but didn't feel drunk in the slightest so I didn't think I would be over the limit. It got to 5am and we wanted to go to sleep so we made the awful decision to get in my car and drive over to my other friend's house (4 minute drive away). Less than a minute into the drive I got pulled over because I didn't have my lights on (which I constantly forget to do anyway). I then had to do two breathalysers (which I failed) so I got taken to the station where I did more tests and I blew a 54. They then kept me overnight in a cell which was quite a scary experience.

I have my court hearing in 5 days and I'm really worried. Is there anything I should do to prepare? Do I need to contact a solicitor before the hearing or do I get given one on the day? Also I have a very low income of around £100 a week and I'm worried about having to pay an extortionate fine. Also, I am a primary carer for my father who recently suffered a stroke. I drive him around a lot so I would really hope to not get banned from driving but I do realise that this is unlikely.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off