Never Again - Question about hitting a car

Convicted Driver Insurance

neveragaindriver

I have done a terrible mistake which I really regret but need some help.

I was at a party drinking and thought after while of not drinking I am finedriving ( very stupid). I took my scooter and drove towards home.

The street was wet and I suddenly lost control and drove into curb – the scooter is a write off. I was in shock and when police arrived they arrested me for alcohol. Breath test was 0.68 at the station.
The police told me that I also damaged a cab but I could really not remember that. To be honest after the shock I can not rember much at all ( not even if it was the cab’s fault that I lost control because it came from the direction where I lost control). The charge ( the letter I received from police) itself does not mention this and I was charged only with “driving motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit” but there was nothing about hitting a cab. I have not heard anything about the Cabbie since.

I have the following questions:

-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]How much will my sentence / fine be?
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I fear that I will be asked about hitting the cab but cant say anything as I don’t remember. Will the police write a detail report about this? How can I find more out?
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Will my insurance ( third party) cover the damage to the Cab?
- I had about 9 years ago a similar offence but in Germany. I have now a UK licence. Will this count as second offence?

Many thanks for your help.

You can (and should) get a copy of all the police's paperwork. In this file there'll be a written report by the officer who arrested you saying exactly what happened (this will make reference to the cab if it existed). If you didn't get this on leaving the police station you can go back and request it.

The police officer will not be there in the magistrates court. The prosecution will merely explain what happened by reading out the police officers witness statement/report.

If it's not on there. It didn't happen.

Hi there,

For a reading of 68 in breath you can expect to be sentenced to a 17 - 22 month ban according to the Magistrates Association Sentencing Guidelines, which tend to be followed quite rigidly.

In relation to your previous matter abroad, as this was committed outside of the English and Welsh jurisdiction it will not count as a previous relevant disqualification at Court.

It is not possible to obtain the evidence, or disclosure, in your case prior to the first hearing. I cannot speculate as to what evidence will be presented to you at your first hearing.

You are advised to check the terms of your insurance with your insurer but usually the only damage that wont be convered is damage to you or your vehicle.

Hope this helps.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off