Sean Joyce is no longer providing advice via the forum.

If you would like to speak to a solicitor you can message one below.

Need advice



I took an overdose to harm myself after drinking and panicked and very foolishly drove to hospital but had an accident on the way. Ambulance were called. I don't remember much. I don't recall the police or ambulance staff, nor whether I was bresthalysed or not. I woke up with a bag with my phone in it and a card with a policeman's no. And name and details of where car recovered to.

I'm petrified but have heard nothing since and am in a very bad way. I don't know what to do.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Compare quotes from leading covicted driver insurance specialists in the UK

Get Quotes
I would advise contacting the police officer for further information. If you have been arrested and dealt with on suspicion of drink or drug driving then the police have to ensure that you provide consent in relation to the analysis of any blood specimen when you are fully conscious. If you have no recollection of the incident as arrest of the impact of any injuries sustained form the accident or medication administered as part of the treatment then the police will need to obtain consent AFTER obtaining the specimen and when you are fit to provide consent.

There is, however, no way of obtaining an update other than contacting the police or waiting for them to contact you.