My story

Convicted Driver Insurance

connorkane

Took me a long while to even think about writing this, but if it helps someone, it's worth it. Back in 2019 I got stopped for dd. I was in a bad place @ the time like many of us are. Lost my job, youngest went to Uni, menopause... name it I had it !!!! Felt like I had no purpose no more. My partner didn't have much sympathy, but that's alright ... pub for him & me @ home feeling sorry for myself !!! Then you forget how much wine you actually drank !!! Come home from pub , starts argument I can't handle.... Off I go out way ....Worst thing I ever did !!!! So I was so much over the limit, I didn't care @ the time, shame on me. I had never ever been in a police station in my life !!! It was a Saturday night & everyone is kicking off, it was horrible, an experience I never want to do again. So I'm ashamed to say I blew 116, I had no clue what this meant @ the time, but got on this forum... mortified !!! I got a 28mth ban, 200 hrs community service. I did my cs in a charity shop which I really enjoyed & carried on after my hours.... Loved it !!! Found a job for a community centre in a charity shop ... how lucky I felt. What I'm try to get across is, no matter how bad you feel about what you did ( I still do ) Your wrongs teach you a lesson. I'm in a happy place now, learned from my mistakes ... we all can x

I did my CS in a charity shop too and loved it. I was asked to carry on but couldn’t because of work and family commitments. You are so right, your wrongs do teach you a lesson x

I was lucky enough to escape CS having blown 102. Got a massive fine though. But it’s incredible how many of us are going through emotional trauma at the time of our indiscretions. Clearly I was using alcohol as a coping mechanism at the time of my accident as I was going through some awful stuff. I even used to leave the car wherever it was I ended up drowning my sorrows, but on that particular day due to a stressful encounter I didn’t. Sounds like so many of us are the same.

But anyway I’m glad that you have come through all of this and that life is on the up again! :) It’s certainly forced me to look at a few things in life, and I’m happier for that.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off