My son has been convicted of failure to breathalyse unfortunately he has been convicted of drink driving 4 years before

Convicted Driver Insurance
Court day was yesterday, they put Joel in cat 2 for sentencing and referred him for probation but unfortunately there was no one in court to sort out what probation he needs, community service or a combination of community service and rehabilitation so we had to adjourn sentencing till 9th feb feeling still like we don’t know where we are?? At least we know it’s not custody.

Sentence day today finally!! All been going through hell for this day,
Probation report was good said they were happy with how frank remorseful and honest my son was, said he needed the drink rehabilitation programme/ curfew order, the judge was very good today and sentenced him to 3 yrs ban taking it down to 2yrs 3 months with 100 unpaid work no fine, he’s certainly learned his lesson and is looking forward to getting stuck back into work which he loves, and has not had a drink since having been on a stag doo to Newcastle, it’s frightened him and he’s learning how to enjoy life without drink.
The solicitor we had was worth every penny too anyone who says not to bother well I certainly would, thankyou for all your advice and help.

Hi Lou glad it all worked out for you, however when Joel will apply for his licence back when the time nears he needs to be mindful now because with any sort of treatment for alcohol issues then theres a realistic chance that DVLA will class him dependendant, they will be looking for 12 months abstination (which I'm sure will be no problem given this episode) but he needs to document with the GP the last time he had a alcoholic drink and stick to that date( I can't stress enough how important that date is because without that DVLA won't licence him) he may need to supply liver function tests as well as part of the DVLA medical evidence, what a lot of people find when applying for their licence back after something like this they usually get refused for another 12 months until all of the above medical evidence can be provided, if he can gather this info during his ban then then DVLA can licence him quicker......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off