My first Court hearing

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stevef88

Hi all,

Just after some advice/feedback please.
I am in court this week for my first DD, got 92/100 breath tested. No previous convictions or points etc.
Does anyone know what I should be expecting the judge to hand out please ? ie length of ban, community service, tagging, fine and court costs please ??

Many thanks

Steve

Hi all,

Just after some advice/feedback please.
I am in court this week for my first DD, got 92/100 breath tested. No previous convictions or points etc.
Does anyone know what I should be expecting the judge to hand out please ? ie length of ban, community service, tagging, fine and court costs please ??

Many thanks

Steve
What did you do any aggravating? Driving the car or in charge or ?

Driving while under the influence ??

I was driving my car and they pulled me over, then breatherlised

Hi steve, this site has lots of info and was a great help to me
There is also a page re prepare for court, I went for a dummy run that really helped, also had solicitor as I was a wreck
And a good pal with me
Best bit of advice be honest with people yep you find out who your true friends are!
I couldn’t do it face to face I did it by text
Also if working tell your boss
I’m attaching a screen shot from the main page on this site
There is a lot of support and advice on here re getting licence back
Btw you will need to do a means test form on the day I did mine in advance found it on internet as it’s all outgoings etc and in the day I was too stressed to do it.
Ask for the course as it’s 25% reduction and once you can book it do it ASAP as you get early bird well TCC do —
You feel like your world is ending but post court it’s easier

Attachments

• 12379231-0794-4303-A19A-8C8F7CD36562.png
    12379231-0794-4303-A19A-8C8F7CD36562.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi steve, this site has lots of info and was a great help to me
There is also a page re prepare for court, I went for a dummy run that really helped, also had solicitor as I was a wreck
And a good pal with me
Best bit of advice be honest with people yep you find out who your true friends are!
I couldn’t do it face to face I did it by text
Also if working tell your boss
I’m attaching a screen shot from the main page on this site
There is a lot of support and advice on here re getting licence back
Btw you will need to do a means test form on the day I did mine in advance found it on internet as it’s all outgoings etc and in the day I was too stressed to do it.
Ask for the course as it’s 25% reduction and once you can book it do it ASAP as you get early bird well TCC do —
You feel like your world is ending but post court it’s easier

Thanks Chelsea

I will defo look at the means testing form

When and who do you ask for you 25% discount course please

Thanks Chelsea

The court normally offer acourse to you but if they don’t you could ask for it they offered me one last week

The magistrates will generally offer you the opportunity to attend the Drink Drive Rehabilitation course but they are human and sometimes fo4get so make a note to ask for the course if they do not offer it.
it has to be offered and accepted during the court hearing, it cannot be offered after the case has finished.
it gets you 3 months off a 12 month ban, and up to 25% off the length of any ban longer than that. The magistrates tell you how much they are offering off in your case. some just stick to 25%.
Some say, for example, 20 weeks off a 20 month ban, which is a bit less than 25%.
They will show you a list of providers of the course in court and you have to choose one. (but you can change your mind later if you want) Some people just choose the cheapest but it pays to try and pick a provider that run a lot of courses. Some providers say they run courses regularly and in almost every town, whereas in reality they hardly ever run courses in most of the towns, they just depend on enough people asking for a course to make it viable. If there is not enoug people they just say that nothing is available and unless you can travel at short notice to where a course is being run by them you run the risk of being out of time. (the magistrates give you a timescale by which you must complete)

Thanks Chelsea

You get your solicitor to ask or if rep yourself you have to ask for it Pre
The magistrates will generally offer you the opportunity to attend the Drink Drive Rehabilitation course but they are human and sometimes fo4get so make a note to ask for the course if they do not offer it.
it has to be offered and accepted during the court hearing, it cannot be offered after the case has finished.
it gets you 3 months off a 12 month ban, and up to 25% off the length of any ban longer than that. The magistrates tell you how much they are offering off in your case. some just stick to 25%.
Some say, for example, 20 weeks off a 20 month ban, which is a bit less than 25%.
They will show you a list of providers of the course in court and you have to choose one. (but you can change your mind later if you want) Some people just choose the cheapest but it pays to try and pick a provider that run a lot of courses. Some providers say they run courses regularly and in almost every town, whereas in reality they hardly ever run courses in most of the towns, they just depend on enough people asking for a course to make it viable. If there is not enoug people they just say that nothing is available and unless you can travel at short notice to where a course is being run by them you run the risk of being out of time. (the magistrates give you a timescale by which you must complete)
They offered me ones closest to home which was TCC & I’m going next month but picked a city as they have lots of courses whereas my town had one

Even we (TTC) occasionally have to cancel a course. the maximum number on a course is 15 but there is a minimum of 4 so less than that and we have to cancel. BUT we have a policy that we will NOT cancel 2 courses in a row At the same venue so that gives clients every chance that they will be able to do a course at the venue that they want.

Even we (TTC) occasionally have to cancel a course. the maximum number on a course is 15 but there is a minimum of 4 so less than that and we have to cancel. BUT we have a policy that we will NOT cancel 2 courses in a row At the same venue so that gives clients every chance that they will be able to do a course at the venue that they want.
My area only had one booked for the year but it’s easy to get to the city that has lots of courses & a larger catchment population so hope it’s running as I had to protect the dates fingers crossed - what notice do TCC give for cancellation please

Minimum 2 weeks, but the city ones are less likely to be cancelled as they usually fill. You can ring the office if you are worried and they. Will let you know if the numbers are there for it to definitely run.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off