My experience and waiting game with medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Also in addition I am 20 years old, and I got 2.2 turbo diesel Mazda 2013. Insurance is only £140 per month
Well don't be ruining everything blasting up that bloody A9 - officially the most dangerous road in Britain I believe.
Certainly most dangerous in Scotland.

Also in addition I am 20 years old, and I got 2.2 turbo diesel Mazda 2013. Insurance is only £140 per month
I don't know how to express this but you're so, so very lucky. We have been waiting months and months, I was unbanned in APRIL! it's just absolute madness. Also, with your insurance, did you declare your drink driving charge?

I don't know how to express this but you're so, so very lucky. We have been waiting months and months, I was unbanned in APRIL! it's just absolute madness. Also, with your insurance, did you declare your drink driving charge?
Yes I can feel the pain. It’s agony when you are unbanned and can’t drive.. hopefully you getting sorted soon. It’s 1st central , I think is one of the best in price and really good insurance. Yes I did declare everything

Can someone help me please? I applied to get my licence back in October (2021) and I have heard absolutely NOTHING from the DVLA. Their website states after 10 weeks you can contact them - but how?? Phones are constantly full, no reply from the message service, no reply by post? Can someone help with their experiences and timescales please?

Can someone help me please? I applied to get my licence back in October (2021) and I have heard absolutely NOTHING from the DVLA. Their website states after 10 weeks you can contact them - but how?? Phones are constantly full, no reply from the message service, no reply by post? Can someone help with their experiences and timescales please?
Use this number 03001231350 and use extension 252 when asked, this number usually takes less time but you always get put in a queue atleast.

Nope
So my ban ended on 8th of December and I got license today so in less than a month! Although I made a complain through website and it says that they process the complain within 1 working day. So maybe I did help me a bit
I wrote at least 4 complaints to various people in DVLA and I am still waiting on a response.

And you're happy to pay £1680 a year for car insurance?

Nope

I wrote at least 4 complaints to various people in DVLA and I am still waiting on a response.

Keep in mind he's 20, my car insurance is over £210 a month with no convictions. I'm 20 but only been driving a year.

Nope

Well I am not very happy but I don’t have any other options, so I think it’s quite cheap with conviction

Nope

That's what I paid at 20 with no convictions. When my girlfriend passed her test at 19 her insurance was £2300 on a 1.4 Polo. That's just how much it is to insure young people with fresh licences and no NCB built up.

That's what I paid at 20 with no convictions. When my girlfriend passed her test at 19 her insurance was £2300 on a 1.4 Polo. That's just how much it is to insure young people with fresh licences and no NCB built up.
I suppose there are some benefits to being 64.

Arthritis ain't one of them though. :D

I applied for my licence start of April 2021 after been revoked for admitting cannabis use. They only got back to me 31st December 2021 by sending out a medical questionnaire which I sent back a few days ago

I applied for my licence start of April 2021 after been revoked for admitting cannabis use. They only got back to me 31st December 2021 by sending out a medical questionnaire which I sent back a few days ago
I'm afraid if you have only just got the medical questionnaire, you still have to do a drug screen (urine sample) which are currently taking minimum 4 months judging by everyone else's experiences, I've been waiting 6 months.

I'm afraid if you have only just got the medical questionnaire, you still have to do a drug screen (urine sample) which are currently taking minimum 4 months judging by everyone else's experiences, I've been waiting 6 months.
You’ve been waiting 6 monthes for anything since the questionnaire? That is insane!

You’ve been waiting 6 monthes for anything since the questionnaire? That is insane!
Mikeypoko
I applied at the beginning of March.
They wrote to my GP and the medical department received the required report on August 10th.
I am still waiting to even hear about attending a medical 5 months later.
10 months since my application so far and no word of a medical or decision yet.

Although that time frame is diabolical, it seems to be quite normal for dvla
I got revoked in august last year for non compliance.
Sent d1 an medical questionnaire in august
Dvla contacted gp in september
Gp replied in september
Dvla received gp report in october
Have not heard or had any correspondence sense
I called today an was told i need to do a urine screen, however no date or time frame could be given.
Was told the process takes as long as it takes 🤣😭🤣😭

Although that time frame is diabolical, it seems to be quite normal for dvla
I got revoked in august last year for non compliance.
Sent d1 an medical questionnaire in august
Dvla contacted gp in september
Gp replied in september
Dvla received gp report in october
Have not heard or had any correspondence sense
I called today an was told i need to do a urine screen, however no date or time frame could be given.
Was told the process takes as long as it takes 🤣😭🤣😭
Ouch, 6 months atleast for you then!

Hi, so I thought I will give my experience my time scale and what is happening, maybe if someone is waiting could get and outline that they doing.

in June 2020, I’ve been driving and hit the pedestrian crossing gates at light posts. Car been totally damaged written off. Random guy drove with trailer , picked up my car and we almost got away. And police showed up. I blew 110 at road and 97 at police station. Got 15months ban, £275 fine.

served my ban, and now
Applied for license on October 10
Got medical letter 1st of November
Got medical on 1st of December
Still waiting for any response which is annoying I have already served my ban with all the consequences and I still have to wait..

my drinking habits was very low, I am drinking barely and never drunk much, it’s was the worst experience in my life, I do regret it all, wasn’t having drink for a long time, drunk once and went crazy…

hope you all get sorted as soon as but knowing dvla time scale is awful.
God you got through fast! My ban was up sept 8th 21 had to wait 13 weeks for a medial , now I m being told they weote to me doctor but havnt! Absolutely taking the pee

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off