Mobile app to help you out to drink more wise!

Convicted Driver Insurance

sidneyassis

Hey guys

I made this thread because I share the same concerns about the problems of alcohol and car, I made a mobile app to help people about how to monitor the drinks in case they need to drive, I don't recommend doing both so often because this may be dangerous and costly, but if you sometimes do that, be more wise about it.
I hope this can help you all.

You can have more info here

If you have any question or suggestion, you can contact me anytime via e-mail prosidney.be@gmail.com or follow the app twitter @OMypromille;

I would appreciate any sort of input.

Good luck for all;

I am in favour of increased awareness of how long alcohol remains in your system but would make the following observations:
your blurb for the App says: “When tracking your drinks, MyPromille is showing your current BAC and gives you an indication when your BAC is lower than the legal limit so you can drive again.” That may be legally correct, but it says that, for example, that you can drive safely in England (where the limit is 80 in blood) with a reading of 78, which would be deemed to be unsafe and illegal in Scotland (where the limit is 50) you should be promoting that you can drive when your reading is 0.
i have not downloaded the App, but it will just rely on what the user inputs? If so, what have you put in the App to caution the user that they may not be starting from a base of 0 because they could have alcohol in their system from last night or lunch time?
Your answers are given to a specific number, whereas there are variables that you cannot know, even by asking the user to input gender, height and weight. What about heath issues that can have an effect? What about medication? That is why it would be far better to give the answer as a range, so 78-88. Otherwise a person with a medical problem could see a reading of 78 and think “OK, I am fine to drive”

Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback, about the different country legal limit , in the app setting you can change it, there are a few countries in there, even "zero limit" country like Brazil, there is also a custom option in case your country is not there, so the user would search and define by himself;

The app never starts from base 0, for example, if you drink the night before using the app, if you open the app the next morning, it'll be still showing the drinks from last night

Indeed, we can only estimate that based on gender/height and weight, health issue we cannot determine, or if the patience is taking medicine, I'll change the terms & conditions to be clear about these other variables that we cannot measure;

We also make sure on our disclaimer that it's only an estimate, to not take as final or medical reason;

I appreciate the feedback, feel free to reach me out if you have more feedback;

You say: “The app never starts from base 0, for example, if you drink the night before using the app”
but that depends on the App being used daily, which is unlikely to happen.
I take what you are saying about the App being set for different legal limits by country but by the looks of it, if your App produces a reading of 78 in England, it will say you are OK to drive which (if accurate) might be legally correct but would still reflect an illegal amount of alcohol in your body in Scotland. Scotland say it is dangerous to drive with a reading of 78.... but that is not dangerous in England?
i still think that it would be wiser to show a range of what the answer might be, but erring on the side of going high. Human nature dictates that if the limit is 80, and a user sees 79.99998, they will take that as being OK to drive!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off