Missed the deadlin

Convicted Driver Insurance

shaz77

Hi,

So i was put on a 18 months DD ban and i was booked on a course and i didn't understand the letter it was badly written.
I thought i had until a set day to book the course but it was a date the course had to be completed by and there was no way i could have done the course in time.
My ban has now finished after doing the whole 18 months but i have tried to look to see if i can still do the course or is there any course that i can do that would benefit me insurance wise?

Hi,

So i was put on a 18 months DD ban and i was booked on a course and i didn't understand the letter it was badly written.
I thought i had until a set day to book the course but it was a date the course had to be completed by and there was no way i could have done the course in time.
My ban has now finished after doing the whole 18 months but i have tried to look to see if i can still do the course or is there any course that i can do that would benefit me insurance wise?
Sorry to say , no ......

You could actually still do the course, obviously you wouldnt benefit from a reduction in disqualification but you could do it.
I was offered the awareness course in 99 after being handed a 30 month ban and 100 hrs community service plus a medical after the initial ban was up . I haven't applied for my license ever until now and it's booked for the 15th ,,,, if all goes well after my medical can you still book these courses for maybe cheaper insurance ?? I'm 52 , the points and Ban won't show on my license ( if issued) but I got an insurance quote on a 1.0 , 999cc Car , value of car 3 Grand , lowest quote fully comp £749 , would I if poss benefit from paying for any awareness course ???

I was offered the awareness course in 99 after being handed a 30 month ban and 100 hrs community service plus a medical after the initial ban was up . I haven't applied for my license ever until now and it's booked for the 15th ,,,, if all goes well after my medical can you still book these courses for maybe cheaper insurance ?? I'm 52 , the points and Ban won't show on my license ( if issued) but I got an insurance quote on a 1.0 , 999cc Car , value of car 3 Grand , lowest quote fully comp £749 , would I if poss benefit from paying for any awareness course ???

I think the main reason your insurance premium is high is that you haven't been driving for approximately 20 years and you don't have any no claims discount.

I don't think that completing a drink driving rehabilitation course is going to help get your insurance premiums any lower, especially when there is no drink driving related endorsements on your driving licence any more.

Maybe doing a driving refresher course or a pass plus course or something similar would help reduce your premium.

Last edited:
I think the main reason your insurance premium is high is that you haven't been driving for approximately 20 years and you don't have any no claims discount.

I don't think that completing a drink driving rehabilitation course is going to help get your insurance premiums any lower, especially when there is no drink driving related endorsements on your driving licence any more.

Maybe doing a driving refresher course or a pass plus course or something similar would help reduce your premium.
Thanks for that , it's funny you mentioned about a refresher course , it's quite surreal , now I'm actually going for the medical on the 15th I've been more aware as a passenger in a car , the volume of traffic since I was last behind the wheel has more than trebled around my area , I know they say you never forget which to some degree is true , but I think it's certainly true when they say the older you get the more wiser you are , I'll without a doubt ( license being issued / fingers crossed after the medical) either pay for a couple of hours or get on the roads on a quieter time of the day ... Thanks again , I'll keep the group posted on my medical ....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off