My boyfriend was charged for driving when alcohol level is above limit. His breath test says 52mg. no accident whatsoever is involved, we were actually just 2 mins from our place when we were stopped by a police officers. It was probably a random check as it was around 1:30 in the morning. He was then taken to the police station but released at around 2am and asked to attend a court hearing on the 19th.
I am scared for him. What exactly should we do? He operates a carwash and work 7 days a week in acton, london. It he get a ban, it would be very difficult for him to travel from beckenham to acton every single day as the carwash opens from 7am to 8pm. Please advise.
Is it essential that we get a solicitor? Would it be very expensive? Thanks in advance.
With a reading of 52ug in breath, your boyfriend will be liable for a disqualification of 12 - 16 months and a fine.

He should be given the opportunity to attend a drink driving rehabilitation scheme, the successful completion of which will result in his disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

It is always beneficial to instruct a solicitor to ensure that the correct procedures are followed in Court and also to thoroughly check all of the evidence before deciding upon the correct plea.

If you would like to discuss this with a member of our team please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce
Buy CDT Test