Mention about AA or not

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sajew

Hi all!

I've just been charged for D&D on Last Saturday. I have to go to court on 8th of March. I have already scheduled a therapy this Saturday. I will also attempt to AA groups, not because i am looking for lowering a ban but for myself. Do you think is it worth mentioning in court that i am attempting AA, is it going to help anyhow or just made it worse and ban will be higher if i am an alcoholic ?

Thanks!

Firstly what was your reading , secondly if your Alcoholic you should inform the DVLA whom will revoke your licence but it can run simultaneously with your ban, mentioning AA doubt will have much affects with the courts due to sentencing guidelines!

The reason you should inform the DVLA if you suspect your Alcoholic(not only legal requirement) but it might help force your hand into quitting alcohol, it will require abstinence for a year which is the least your ban will run away,
Do seek help from doctor and also please do go to AA there is help out there if you are willing to receive
All the best,

Thank you for response.

My reading was 109 in breath. I am already attempting to AA as i need help i was just wondering whether it will have positive or negative impact on my ban. Does Judge will see it as cooperating and understanding my fault or not.

It's entirely up to you, the judge might see it positively although it will not reduce any amount of ban , personally I wouldnt spill anything in court 2 reasons and nothing personal, if you are Alcoholic it's a higher probability you have DD before, also statisticly Alcoholics have a high relapse rate, this has no bearing on your chances of success it's just admitting in court will do little other than putting a bigger spot light on you! The press would love this story! The doctor and the DVLA however are those that should be informed .

If you go under DVLA/ Doc spotlight you have a better chance of staying free of alcohol, make monthly visits to your doctor and ask him for regular blood checks, this is not totally conclusive with the DVLA but they will take note of your progress and results which helps you when required to have the DVLA medical & past years history questionaire which will be inevitable now you are HRO(high risk offender)

The Doctor along with any supporting groups will be your biggest Friends moving forth keep regular touch and do those blood checks )

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off