Medichecks slow down

Convicted Driver Insurance

Aron10

Well Known Member
Hi, Iam sure this is a given re Corona crisis ive been waiting much longer that usual for CDT results to flag up (Express service no doctor input) ,timed to give me peace of mind for DVLA medical Tuesday next. I id engaged in chat option on their website and they received test but ..... So I phoned and pleaded for the operator who kindly gave me the good news 0.8 phew.
So another box ticked. Iam just hoping that the DVLA allocated medical appointment is still on! I can see that private medical companies may well be required to assist NHS if not already.

Nice one Aaron do let us know if your DVLA medical goes ahead, given the crisis we are all in.....

Nice one Aaron do let us know if your DVLA medical goes ahead, given the crisis we are all in.....
Hi Mr H Iam assuming it'll be another DD1 at the medical. I really want to be consistent on that one. There wont be an audit will there ?
So to specifics/questions maybe you can keep me right.. So as you may recall my Doctor wasn't committal answering DD2 things like unsure to yes no answers. He had me down as dependence, following mini stroke 27/06/18. Now Q2When did you last have an alcoholic drink ,my answer is 27/10/19.(T LFTs and CDT bear this as out.) Q2a How much alcohol was consumed on last occasion, should I put 3 or 4 units ? Then Q3b a real show stopper "How often in the last year have you drank 6 units or more on a single occasion?"

Yes mate they will send `out another DD2 to your GP, however armed with the new `information you have you are on the right track `for a temp one year licence, keep to your last alcoholic drink date and use this each time at your medical renewal, I put that I consumed 4 units of alcohol on last occasion and they accepted it,and on your last question you should put NEVER, any drinking over 6 units in one sitting will be classed as misuse, you are well on your way to getting licenced again, will take a bit of time but I can assure you this time you are doing everything correctly......(y)

Thanks Mr H, Q5 asks if you've had an injury/accident RTA as a result of your alcohol intake" I did have a fall combined with gout attack" the date coincides with my last drink date 27/10/19 should I tick yes I cant remember if I did on previous DD1 before Doctor got DD2

I would tick no to this question, `but if your in any doubt you can check with your GPs secretary as they will have the DD2 on the`computer system, don't forget when you attend your medical Tuesday take photos of your DR1 as this will remind you of what you put when you apply for another temp licence.....

Just read it mate, sorry about your medical but we are all in lock down, just phoned DVLA and it does state that they are open at 8.30/5pm mon/fri, but of course with all this going on who knows, ring them first thing in the morning or visit www.gov.uk/DVLA......

Just read it mate, sorry about your medical but we are all in lock down, just phoned DVLA and it does state that they are open at 8.30/5pm mon/fri, but of course with all this going on who knows, ring them first thing in the morning or visit www.gov.uk/DVLA......
I myself am hoping for a liver function test from my GP next month but for obvious reasons I'm not holding my breath......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off