Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jg76

Hi all I am going for my medical in 3 weeks , I just need to know if they contact your own doctor , I know I will pass there medical it's just in the past I have been to my own doctor regarding alcohol abt a year and a half ago . Please help I am really worried that they will , I've heard they only contact them if your blood results are bad or they are not happy with the questionare that's been filled in

I am in the same boat here. I have to book mine this week and like you I had went to see my GP before going to court for my conviction to curtail my drinking as it was getting a little out of hand albeit just at the weekends as I work Mon-Fri. I asked to go on Antabuse for 3 months at the time as this absolutely stops my benders. My understanding is that it is down to two things for HRO's, self declaration and the CDT Test, self declaration of a problem in the last 3 years on DVLA form will prompt enquiries 100% and probable "persistent drinker tag" meaning you may need to abstain for 6 months. I am not worried about the CDT test as I will not have had a drink for 3 weeks now and my medical will probably be at least another couple away. However I think it is ridiculous that you are being penalised for helping yourself while others will not seek any help and carry on regardless.

I have read on various sites that if you have a CDT of under 2.5 that's a green light and no contact required. If its under 3.0 its amber and will require further enquiries and above 3.0 its a refusal. I understand also that decision can take up to 3 months to be made and if they decide to contact your GP they can stick another 6 weeks on that and so on.

So you are left with two choices declare and not declare if do not you may face prosecution although i can comment on how often this happens as you may have thought the treatment was longer than that.

Hope this helps and if any of it is incorrect to anyone's knowledge please correct me. Hope all goes well for you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off