Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm happy for you..... The waiting is over.
Did they say anything about what will happen in a year when you want to get a longer license?
There has been some stories on here about having to somehow prove sobriety and or no drug use in that year...
Not trying to burst your bubble, it's just
I think ill be in the same boat... A lot of us probably will
Will need to have another medical every year until they are satisfied then they will issue a 3/10 year licence

I'm happy for you..... The waiting is over.
Did they say anything about what will happen in a year when you want to get a longer license?
There has been some stories on here about having to somehow prove sobriety and or no drug use in that year...
Not trying to burst your bubble, it's just
I think ill be in the same boat... A lot of us probably will
I am going to continue with LFT's throughout the year. They didn't say anything regarding what will happen

I am going to continue with LFT's throughout the year. They didn't say anything regarding what will happen
No need if you pass the DVLA medical and regain your licence. If they issue you with a 12 months one then you will need to do a medical a year later and pass the CDT count to keep it. Drink within the 14 unit guide lines and abstain 4/6 weeks before your renewal medical and you should be fine.

Forgive my ignorance.... What are lft s? 'self tests of some kind? In any case my issue will be drug related not alcohol related. God knows what hoops are ahead of me even though all of that is behind me

Forgive my ignorance.... What are lft s? 'self tests of some kind? In any case my issue will be drug related not alcohol related. God knows what hoops are ahead of me even though all of that is behind me
liver function tests done by your Gp every 3 months

No need if you pass the DVLA medical and regain your licence. If they issue you with a 12 months one then you will need to do a medical a year later and pass the CDT count to keep it. Drink within the 14 unit guide lines and abstain 4/6 weeks before your renewal medical and you should be fine.
I am sure I read on here (could be wrong ) that I would need to continue with LFT's throughout the year. Until I was given a 10 year licence

Ah.... Thanks. Yeah that sounds like a good way to go. Have to prove to the dvla each year a history of sensible alcohol use.our fitness to drive is in question until proven otherwise.... I get it. Th nks for the info.

I am sure I read on here (could be wrong ) that I would need to continue with LFT's throughout the year. Until I was given a 10 year licence
That is incorrect unless your circumstances are different to most.

Thanks, I thought I had to as I was only granted a 1 year licence.
Once you have proved you are medically fit to drive and regained your driving licence its just proving yearly that your CDT count is at an acceptable level to the DVLA to retain it then. Seen some posts that 3 years and if all good they issue a 10 year licence. Case by case i should think.

Once you have proved you are medically fit to drive and regained your driving licence its just proving yearly that your CDT count is at an acceptable level to the DVLA to retain it then. Seen some posts that 3 years and if all good they issue a 10 year licence. Case by case i should think.
Great thanks

Just a wee update. GP returned the forms to DVLA on Friday 30th (11 weeks to the day after receiving them).Hopefully received already as sent first class post.
Will call next week to confirm they have received and all is well.

Just a wee update. GP returned the forms to DVLA on Friday 30th (11 weeks to the day after receiving them).Hopefully received already as sent first class post.
Will call next week to confirm they have received and all
Will call next week to confirm they have received and all is well.
So glad they’ve been returned. Do check receipt : good idea , but DVLA say it takes 10 days from receipt of documents for them to be scanned onto system.

So glad they’ve been returned. Do check receipt : good idea , but DVLA say it takes 10 days from receipt of documents for them to be scanned onto system.
Thanks Polly3, that's good to know.
I wonder what them being scanned onto the system actually means... they are then sent to the relevant department for further processing and what this in itself means? Case manager? Doctors? Decide whether medical is needed or to issue licence?. I'm not expecting you to answer, I'm just thinking out loud 😊.
Given the well known delays and the backlog of well over a million items I'm just hoping to have licence by Christmas at the very latest. Time is gonna really drag in now I bet...

Thanks Polly3, that's good to know.
I wonder what them being scanned onto the system actually means... they are then sent to the relevant department for further processing and what this in itself means? Case manager? Doctors? Decide whether medical is needed or to issue licence?. I'm not expecting you to answer, I'm just thinking out loud 😊.
Given the well known delays and the backlog of well over a million items I'm just hoping to have licence by Christmas at the very latest. Time is gonna really drag in now I bet...
Well I’m not sure they know the answers themselves (!!!) but I’ll tell you what they told me .
On arrival at DVLA documents get sorted. The reports need to be scanned onto the system , and it takes 10 days for this to happen. Once it has been scanned on , it goes into a « digital work queue » , waiting to be looked at by someone who makes a decision at the next stage.
I progress chased at every step as I wanted to check that they had received information. And just as well . They apparently did not receive their GP medical report, so I had to get it resent. Had I not checked this , I’d be waiting now as they do not chase things up .
So: re my timescale : I attended medical 26/4. He told me he’d send report same day. By 17/5 or thereabouts they still said they’d had nothing from their Dr. I chased it up. About 15 June I got a letter saying they were writing to my GP. My GP report was sent to them on 23 June. On 5 July it was still not on system. On about 16 July they told me it was in the work queue. Ditto 23 July . Then 29 July they updated online system to issue licence .

Well I’m not sure they know the answers themselves (!!!) but I’ll tell you what they told me .
On arrival at DVLA documents get sorted. The reports need to be scanned onto the system , and it takes 10 days for this to happen. Once it has been scanned on , it goes into a « digital work queue » , waiting to be looked at by someone who makes a decision at the next stage.
I progress chased at every step as I wanted to check that they had received information. And just as well . They apparently did not receive their GP medical report, so I had to get it resent. Had I not checked this , I’d be waiting now as they do not chase things up .
So: re my timescale : I attended medical 26/4. He told me he’d send report same day. By 17/5 or thereabouts they still said they’d had nothing from their Dr. I chased it up. About 15 June I got a letter saying they were writing to my GP. My GP report was sent to them on 23 June. On 5 July it was still not on system. On about 16 July they told me it was in the work queue. Ditto 23 July . Then 29 July they updated online system to issue licence .
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate your help. That's good to know. That's what I as thinking, about a three month turnaround. Before Covid and strikes I had my licence in in less than a month.
I think I'll phone them next Friday or so to check it's on system.
All the best and thanks again.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate your help. That's good to know. That's what I as thinking, about a three month turnaround. Before Covid and strikes I had my licence in in less than a month.
I think I'll phone them next Friday or so to check it's on system.
All the best and thanks again.
Hope it proceeds swiftly for you . It may be quicker than mine if they don’t need to contact your GP.

Hope it proceeds swiftly for you . It may be quicker than mine if they don’t need to contact your GP.
Thanks. Their letter to me said that they need to check my fitness to drive with my GP before making a decision on issuing a licence. They've just received the fit to drive details. I'm hoping that this means they will do this without requiring a medical though I doubt it. If they don't require one it will speed things up to weeks rather than months I expect.
Thanks again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off