Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Piggie869

Hello everyone, my ban is up on 30th May,I have had the form through from the DVLA and am waiting for my medical. I haven't had a drink for 2 months but and I am taking Antbuse which I will continue to take. I did go into rehab March 2020 and again in July 2020. Is there any point lying on my medical because I really don't want them to investigate my GP records. If they do I don't think they will be impressed!
Thanks for your help

Hello everyone, my ban is up on 30th May,I have had the form through from the DVLA and am waiting for my medical. I haven't had a drink for 2 months but and I am taking Antbuse which I will continue to take. I did go into rehab March 2020 and again in July 2020. Is there any point lying on my medical because I really don't want them to investigate my GP records. If they do I don't think they will be impressed!
Thanks for your help

If you lie and they investigate you, you will be revoked for a further 12 months. You must be both 12 months clear of a stay in residential rehabilitation and 12 months free from alcohol with your GP's backing in order to qualify to hold a licence with a medical history like your own. This means you aren't eligible to be licenced until December 2021 as you are currently only 2 months sober and being currently prescribed what the DVLA consider a detox medication .

If you lie on this form and are investigated (even posters who have scored well in the green zone on this forum have been investigated) then everything you tell the DVLA in future will be scrutinised.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off