Medical Today

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi guys, if you don't have a last alcoholic drink date recorded then your GP can enter the details: patient states alcohol free for last 12 months and DVLA will accept this as long as you have spoken to your GP, good luck with your next medical they treated me like this telling me my first medical was inconclusive, in total I attended 4 DVLA medicals before my licence was given back,,,,,,
All the luck To you!!! Keep in touch. This is causing me so much worry. I’ve been soooo happy and content for months and months (even through lockdown) but this is testing me. Getting to and from work is almost impossible now (country side bus which has dramatically cut its services since covid)

Thats the thing though, it's not pointed out that you have to give evidence. If I'd have known then I would have done it. It seems a waste of time and resources to make people do the medical and contacting the GP only to reject you and make you do it all again but document your year of sobriety at the same time. Why not contact the GP, find out if you have sufficient evidence to back up your year of abstinence, and if not, reject before making you jump through all the hoops. It seems like poor organisation to me.
[/
edicals before my licence was given back,,,,,,
All the luck To you!!! Keep in touch. This is causing me so much worry. I’ve been soooo happy and content for months and months (even through lockdown) but this is testing me. Getting to and from work is almost impossible now (country side bus which has dramatically cut its services since covid

I am also in an almost identical position. I applied for my licence in 2018 and was refused and told to abstain for a year. I have actually abstained for 21 months (applied January but only got medical September due to covid). I actually had no idea that I had to document my sobriety with my gp until a couple of weeks ago when o joined this thread!!! I’m still waiting for an outcome from DVLA but will be so gutted if I have to wait another year

Hey, when was your medical BTW? I saw your update about the provisional! Hope they get it sorted soon for you.

:)

Hey, when was your medical BTW? I saw your update about the provisional! Hope they get it sorted soon for you.

:)
Hi! My medical was 22/9. I was awarded a provisional licence yesterday but I’m still trying to get to the bottom of why this is? I guess it’s a good sign but I need it to be a full licence. I did pass my test in 1997/8 (not sure)

Hi! My medical was 22/9. I was awarded a provisional licence yesterday but I’m still trying to get to the bottom of why this is? I guess it’s a good sign but I need it to be a full licence. I did pass my test in 1997/8 (not sure)

Yeah I bet it's just an error with admin and they are gonna update it properly. What did they say on the phone?

I've had my second blood test now so probably gonna have to wait a few weeks for an update :(

Basically I’ve been married twice and they didn’t link the name I had at 17 to the name was that banned. I now have a third new name

Update: Finally the DVLA has all the paperwork scanned and added to my case after my repeat blood test. The case is now with the medical team to make a decision :) Feeling a bit nervous!

Oh man im panicking now after reading these. Got my blood test 2moro. I still drink not alot and I'm not dependent on it. Just had a "blip" 🙄 does anyone else still drink and had a test

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off