Medical time frame after assessment

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dan07

Hi guys

so wondering by if anyone can help with a a rough timescale I had my medical on 2nd October I was told numerous times by dvla that until the results were on there system they could not prioritize or make the process go any quicker as I need my van to get back to work my ban was supposed to be over on 9th September. Of course the results appear on system yesterday yet our friends at the dvla now say the cannot tell me anything till it is looked at and now no time frame again can be given although last week was told at this stage they could get it moving for me. Wondering if anyone has an idea of time from when these results appear on system to when I’ll be back on the road also can I by law get them to disclose the information they have on me I.e the results of blood test

Hi guys

so wondering by if anyone can help with a a rough timescale I had my medical on 2nd October I was told numerous times by dvla that until the results were on there system they could not prioritize or make the process go any quicker as I need my van to get back to work my ban was supposed to be over on 9th September. Of course the results appear on system yesterday yet our friends at the dvla now say the cannot tell me anything till it is looked at and now no time frame again can be given although last week was told at this stage they could get it moving for me. Wondering if anyone has an idea of time from when these results appear on system to when I’ll be back on the road also can I by law get them to disclose the information they have on me I.e the results of blood test

Had my medical on the 2nd as well but they have written to my GP. My experience in this journey has probably been turnaround times of around 4 weeks with correspondence back and forth. Although, I realise in my position, GP involvement will delay that even further. If your case is fairly routine like mine is I.e no alcohol history recorded with your GP and passing the CDT test, then I’d say just keep pushing them!

Small drink to celebrate? (Unless you are driving, of course)
Ha ha ha definitely not, haven't had a drink since 2nd January and don't intend to start again. Only alcohol passing my lips anytime soon will be Lidl's Rum n Raisin Ice Cream, Co-op tiramisu desert , ethanol in any cough medicine and mouth wash and maybe some chocolate liqueur chocolates at Christmas

Reactions: TPR
Jimbob do you have any idea when the results were put on the dvla system in order for it to be checked over at there end as this is the stage I am at now?

Jimbob do you have any idea when the results were put on the dvla system in order for it to be checked over at there end as this is the stage I am at now?
I had my medical on Wednesday 30th and the Dr who I saw said she didn't think DVLA would contact my GP what with my liver check she did and no drinking. Anyway I rang DVLA on Monday 19th October and they said that had everything they needed but nothing was on the system and my results needed reviewing and then this afternoon at 4pm I checked on gov.uk and my licence was granted at midnight last night/this morning

What do you go on to check for this information please? I had my medical last Thursday.
I rang them daily I was told at the point of it going on system they can prioritize but now being told once again there are no time frames so not sure you can log onto gov.uk and will show if still banned

No GP involvement I presume?
I presume no GP involvement, they asked for my GP details when I went for my medical, I took with me a printed copy of my medical records from the last 5 years which I could print off from home and that showed 2 GP visits in last 5 years, one was for a vitamin D deficiency and another for ball pain so Dr at my medical said she was pretty sure they wouldn't contact my GP, what with that and no booze for 9 months and her not been able to feel my liver

I presume no GP involvement, they asked for my GP details when I went for my medical, I took with me a printed copy of my medical records from the last 5 years which I could print off from home and that showed 2 GP visits in last 5 years, one was for a vitamin D deficiency and another for ball pain so Dr at my medical said she was pretty sure they wouldn't contact my GP, what with that and no booze for 9 months and her not been able to feel my liver

Sounds as though you were ahead of the game so fair play to you. Do you know your CDT?

Where do you find your GP records about?

Sounds as though you were ahead of the game so fair play to you. Do you know your CDT?

Where do you find your GP records about?
Not got a clue about my CDT reading, dunno if I'll even find out, presume my new photo licence will just come in post, unless I get medical results in post as well, like I say dunno. I got my gp notes online as with my doctors you can make an appointment on line and view blood test results on line, in fact with my doctors you can pull anything you want up online,everything from October 1979 is on there, found out my mum forgot to take me for some booster jabs in January 1980 and it states "outstanding" think it might be a bit late for a booster nearly 40 years late!

I had my medical 22/9/20 and still nothing? I call up every other day and they now say it’s with the case team???
Maybe they're doing them in some kind of order, I should have been back on Road 22nd May with doing drink drive course, with licence granted today I've got my licence back just 19 days before my 2 year ban would have concluded so basically reduction course was a waste of blo### time!

Maybe they're doing them in some kind of order, I should have been back on Road 22nd May with doing drink drive course, with licence granted today I've got my licence back just 19 days before my 2 year ban would have concluded so basically reduction course was a waste of blo### time!
Ah! I actually lost mine January 2016. I only applied in January this year after a years sobriety (which they asked for). I have history of dependency and abuse but have now been sober for 21 months. I’m not feeling particularly positive after reading these threads but we will see. I won’t give up trying, my GP is great and believes I deserve a break

Ah! I actually lost mine January 2016. I only applied in January this year after a years sobriety (which they asked for). I have history of dependency and abuse but have now been sober for 21 months. I’m not feeling particularly positive after reading these threads but we will see. I won’t give up trying, my GP is great and believes I deserve a break
If you gave up booze 21 months ago you'll be fine, dunno why ya not feeling positive, they've obviously got what they need like the bloods etc if it's with case team, you'll be fine, everyone has doubts I bet, I even odid even tho I was like 99% sure I'd be ok, there's always that doubt with that voice you hear in ya head ain't there, as long as you didn't have a bender before ya medical or drink like 100 bottles of cough medicine or drown yaself in 100 bottles of mouth wash with Ethanold LOL

Hmmm my doubt is born out of
A) I have long history of alcoholism
B) I haven’t had any gp lft because I didn’t know they would want proo
C) they contacted my gp prior to my DVLA medical so information logged with gp about sobriety could have come too late

I’m not a negative person by nature (opposite) but I’ve read a few stories on here about ‘low cbt but still refused licence’

if it goes on bloods alone I’ll be flying I reckon

Hmmm my doubt is born out of
A) I have long history of alcoholism
B) I haven’t had any gp lft because I didn’t know they would want proo
C) they contacted my gp prior to my DVLA medical so information logged with gp about sobriety could have come too late

I’m not a negative person by nature (opposite) but I’ve read a few stories on here about ‘low cbt but still refused licence’

if it goes on bloods alone I’ll be flying I reckon
Fingers crossed for ya, if you had medical 8 days before me I don't think you'll have long to wait now, just keep checking on that link I gave earlier for checking driving licence status as that's updated quicker than getting informed by post ain't it

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off