Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Convicted Driver Insurance

Nervous123

Hi,
I have my hro medical this week. Have abstained from alcohol since 1st October with the exception of 4 cans of fosters on around 15th Oct.
I had thought this was enough time for cdt levels to reduce back to normal (drinking 8 units a day for a considerable time prior to this). However, I’ve since read that I should have abstained for 12 weeks. No option to move medical as it needs to be done by the end of november.
Any words of advice? Am I wasting my time or is there some slim hope of passing??

Don’t worry mate I stopped for 2 weeks prior and had a heavy session 8 days before my medical, put no on all the questions and tell them you hardly drink fuxk all, dunno what my CDT was, but I got my license through my door exactly 8 days after my medical.

I work away lol so you can imagine everynight I’m away I’ll drink 5-6 pints and Few shots, but sometimes I’ll go 5-10 days without stopping away so I don’t really Drink at all then, but I binge when I do drink, which isn’t good for you, but allows your CDT to drop in between binges.

To have a raised CDT level you have gotta be sinking some serious units pal, I was panicking, as I’ve just continued my normal life drinking as I do without thinking about completely stopping an I was fine.

Well it’s done now ?. Had to answer yes to have I been advised to cut down drinking in the last 3 years because if they wrote to my gp and hadn’t disclosed it that would screw my chances right up.
He said liver feels normal and happy with everything so just a waiting game now

Aw it’s dreadful when they write to your gp, I’ve just been through it myself so I understand your frustration. Fingers crossed it passes quickly.
Maybe you could call your doctors office and ask them to mark it as urgent?

How long did the whole process take?
I’m hoping it is a good sign. Cdt must be low enough to not refuse a license outright?

My CDT was absolutely fine, I think they contacted my GP because I answered yes to having been in a accident due to drink driving. ?
Mine took ages to honest. Medical was on 18th Oct then they write to me on the 3rd ish of November to say they were contacting my gp. My license was issued last Wednesday on the 29th. To be fair once the DVLA has everything they needed they weren’t too slow, it was my gp surgery who wouldn’t fill in the paperwork, they had it at the surgery for almost 3 weeks!!!

Waiting on word after my medical on the 1st. Think they will also write to my GP, if thats the case il ask him to send bk by fax as a job opportunity is depending on this

Yea they wrote to my GP on 30th November. Hope it doesn’t take much longer. Will be slower with Christmas post and stuff too

Have you anything? I phoned yesterday my application was still waiting to be reviewed.. nightmare probably won’t know anything until new year now

Or hopefully inbetween, Il phone then when they are back open, as a month on from medical is just nuts! Although it will be their busiest time all those drink drivers caught at Xmas previous re-applying. Waited this long a few more weeks won’t kill. But it’s not been cheap.. any kind of info instead of “it’s in a que” would be helpful.. like a rough guess or how big this que is. It will be what itl be

Still nothing mate, literally had just checked before I seen in my emails you had posted. Doubt I’v get a miracle before they close for the new year.. think their only open until 2pm. I’v stopped phoning n emailing as it’s just the same reply everytime. I’m coming up on 100days since I reapplied

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off