Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Convicted Driver Insurance
You WILL get it back if your own Gp agrees and their response is positive (providing you passed the medical which I think you will have.. why would they prolong it writing to your GP if you hadn’t?? Fails a fail!) You can certainly tell them about your job situation but past experience tells me they don’t actually care, this is strictly medical to them and you either pass or fail, there’s zero grey area because your job depends on it!! It certainly is part of the punishment and like you I will never jeopardise mine again. I think you will also get a short term 1yr license but it’s a full licence. Just means like me you gotta do this again next year (but should be just a medical so slightly quicker and they write in plenty of time so you shouldn’t experience a gap in driving eligibility) .. hope all helps, good luck

Kinda making sense now you put it like that! Just hate whole process it’s driving me mad sleepless nights the lot because of it! Haha I’m glad I got caught in away but this process is so painful and stressing! But thanks for getting back to me and explaining everything hopefully get it back soon! Thanks for your time.

Hiya just wondering if anyone would know if I can send a covering letter or would a covering letter help me and there decision, only I’ve been given a ultimatum at work if I don’t get my license back then I lost my career after 7 years which also means I could potentially loose my home?

They are currently considering a medical question, so I don’t think that work issues would be taken into account. You would lose nothing by sending in a supporting letter, but I don’t think it will make much difference. What you need is a positive report from your GP. Do you know what he/she has said?

Thanks for the reply, well everything she has said has been positive how ever the week after my medical I had 7 pints and put my hand through a mirror in an argument and my doctor said she had to send that too, but other than that it’s all good just worried about it?

The argument will not be a problem, so long as it did not say “an argument while drunk......”

Well I’m the note from the doctors it said I admitting to having 7 pints to the doctor and put the mirror through in anger so that’s me screwed then don’t you think?

Hi
i completed my medical and received my licence last month in the post. Stopped drinking for two months and plan to carry on not drinking as it was alcohol that got me in this mess.
I recently applied for a volunteer position through the council. I have been completely transparent with my conviction. They are now asking me for details of which surgery I did my medical as I do not have confirmation that I passed my medical, just received my licence in the post. I am reluctant to do this as this is a bit too intrusive, can they contact the doctors to retrieve details of my medical as some things are extremely personal ? Do they have the right to do that? I understand that they will need to be reassured that I wil not do this again as will be dealing with children , but is this a step too far?
Many thanks
Lucy Williams

Hi
i completed my medical and received my licence last month in the post. Stopped drinking for two months and plan to carry on not drinking as it was alcohol that got me in this mess.
I recently applied for a volunteer position through the council. I have been completely transparent with my conviction. They are now asking me for details of which surgery I did my medical as I do not have confirmation that I passed my medical, just received my licence in the post. I am reluctant to do this as this is a bit too intrusive, can they contact the doctors to retrieve details of my medical as some things are extremely personal ? Do they have the right to do that? I understand that they will need to be reassured that I wil not do this again as will be dealing with children , but is this a step too far?
Many thanks
Lucy Williams

I have not come across an employer asking to have details of the doctor who did your medical before.
They perhaps do not realise that the doctor in question will only have seen you as a ‘one off’ appointment and will hold no details of your personal history other than the questionnaire that you completed.
Perhaps you should offer to get a letter from your own doctor to confirm that you are in good health and have no alcohol issues?
Alternatively, if you did a course with TTC I would be happy to write a letter for you explaining that as a High Risk Offender you cannot get your licence back without passing a medical and this process has satisfied DVLA that you are not alcohol dependant. - send me a PM if this is something you would like me to do.

Many thanks for the below information. I did not do the dd course with TTC course ,
( it was IAA) but thank you for the offer. I think that is a good idea , I will contact my doctor and ask them for a letter confirming my health .

Best Wishes
Lucy

Happy to offer advice, even to people who did not chose the best company to do a course with........

It was IAM . Just got a letter about the nearest course to me after my conviction.To be fair was really good as am sure they all are.
Thanks
Lucy

Honestly don’t know about this but any agency wanting a peek at your message records needs your permission 1st. If you have been upfront about your conviction I say give it as you do have it confirmed.. you got your license back. Although I do share your corncerns specially with giving the council info but it seems all went well with your medical and there’s nothing to hide

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off