Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Convicted Driver Insurance
I applied end of September. Taking so long! Rang them today and they said they scanned in the stuff from the GP on 20th December and it usually takes a week from this point but has been delayed with Christmas. They said it is going to be looked at ‘imminently’. Whatever that means

I didn’t think they were open today or I’d have rang aswell. You would think imminently would mean the next day or 2 and no more mate. Hopefully mines in this ‘imminent’ category aswell

They wrote to your gp didn’t they? I haven’t even had a letter saying that yet, so I could be waiting AGES yet if they decide they need that also. Have you had the results of your actual medical ?

Yea they wrote to my GP at the end of November, about a week after my medical. So it’s been 5 weeks since I got that letter

Hope so. Let us know when ya do. I had requested they phone me when decision was made, my online status hasn’t changed yet but they phoned this afternoon so I’v probably found out a little bit earlier than I would have just checking online

I just made a request via email to be contacted when a decision was made. Online status has changed now so I only found out a day earlier. You will get it mate, if medical fine and gps positive there’s no reason you wont. This wait can have you getting worried though, I was really concerned and convinced something was holding it up.

Still nothing..doesn’t seem particularly imminent
How does the 1 year licence work? Do you have to have another medical after?

Damn. When I saw the email i thought you had good news. Feel involved now. Get on the phone 2morro mate and chase it up. And yeh need to do another medical in a year but they say they send you the forms in good time so it shouldn’t disrupt u driving

Get on the phone nervous123 and chase them up.. also requested they phone you once a decision has been made (they will ring off a withheld number so don’t blank it) I found out a day early as they phoned the very second they made the decision

Yea I will do that if there is nothing tomorrow. Getting beyond a joke now. Panicking it’s going to be refused. I’m expecting a 1 year licence as well

I think your gonna hear something in next day or so. They never wrote to my GP so maybe the fact they did in your case holds it up somewhat. But please keep me updated as i feel involved now and really want to to get a result! You would be happy will a 1year licence I assume. I was expecting it in my case but it’s still a full uk licence so i was well chuffed. Think they issue 1yr licence 2/3 times and then you will get the full 10yrs one

Yea I’d be happy with anything! Wouldn’t mind doing another medical as long as it doesn’t interrupt driving.
Still no news. Rang again and was told it would be dealt with imminently same as 10days ago. Giving up now. I’m sure it’s going to be bad news

Default Re: medical questions
Hi all I’m just wondering if anyone could help me I’ve took my medical test a few weeks back and received a letter today saying they need more details to contact my doctor, do anyone know why they need to contact my doctor and what questions they will ask?

They will just be looking to confirm anything you have told them during the medical and basically get your own GP’s opinion. So I would advise getting down to them, talk to them about it and tell them to expect it. Ask them to fax it to cut the waiting time a bit. They didn’t write to mine this time but have been thru it before

Thanks for getting back to me! I guess this is what happens when your in the HRO just annoying this prosses is way to long, I ain’t going to be doing this again! Been with my company now 6 years but there saying to me now I need my license back or I’m going loose my job! Pretty frustrating! I’ve spoke to my doctor, so she knows to expect it and I’ve also took your advise through the previous thread to get them to fax it! Could I still get my license back even tho there going to my doctor ? Can I send a covering letter from my employer ? Do you this will help?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off