medical questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

jackanddiane

I've done some reading on how long CBT remains in the blood. Some sources say CBT remains in the blood 1-2 weeks, other sources say 2-4 weeks and some say 4-6 weeks. Would someone be likely to pass the test if they abstain for 4 weeks even if they have been drinking a lot before then?

Is it true the blood test checks for AST, GGT and MCV as well and that the latter two can tell if someone has been drinking too much in the past 6 months?

And is it true milk thistle can help rid the liver of excess AST?

I've done some reading on how long CBT remains in the blood. Some sources say CBT remains in the blood 1-2 weeks, other sources say 2-4 weeks and some say 4-6 weeks. Would someone be likely to pass the test if they abstain for 4 weeks even if they have been drinking a lot before then?

You can read more about the CDT (carbohydrate deficient transferrin) blood biomarker here. You should maybe err on the side of caution and abstain from drinking alcohol for as long as you can in order to pass the medical.

Is it true the blood test checks for AST, GGT and MCV as well and that the latter two can tell if someone has been drinking too much in the past 6 months?

AST, GGT and MCV are no longer tested as part of the DVLA medical. It is the CDT blood test only.

I regularly drank 4 -6 cans of lager every night for years. I stopped for 6 weeks but had 2 or 3 cans A couple of times during that time at Christmas. I passed the test. I have read numerous horror stories about CDT test but this proves that if you abstain for a decent length of time you will pass.

Hi all I’m just wondering if anyone could help me I’ve took my medical test a few weeks back and received a letter today saying they need more details to contact my doctor, do anyone know why they need to contact my doctor and what questions they will ask?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off