Medical questionnaire advice alcohol dependency

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scubasteve

So still stressing about this,

So do I just say no to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, I have had alcohol issues back in 2015 after my wife left and took Librium in Feb 2016 and since then have had no issues, which can be backed from my doc from may 2016. I'm due my medical in 4 weeks I have no issues regarding the cdt test.

i don't want to open a can of worms and jeopardise my licence on the other hand don't want to lie then get caught out. I've been reading so many posts and its confusing my thoughts on how to move forward.

anyone answered yes to alcohol dependency etc and how did it go?

The doctor will be asked if you have been dependant or misused alcohol in the last 3 years, so what you put on the questionnaire best not contradict what the doctor knows

So I spoke to the doc yesterday and I saw her in may 2016 and discussed me not drinking anymore, due to becoming a scuba instructor, and informed her yesterday that I have been abstinent since then, which she said she'd add to my notes.

so you think honesty is the best policy?

I will say yes to dependency and detox and give the dates i.e. Last seen 5/5/2016 and that makes me from docs history 15 months abstinent just want my licence back

I will say yes to dependency and detox and give the dates i.e. Last seen 5/5/2016 and that makes me from docs history 15 months abstinent just want my licence back

Can you let me know if you got it back and what happened? I had detox/rehab in may 2016. License revoked in December and got medical tomorrow. Doc has already sent DVLA my medical records showing abstinence since then.

dvla say “abstinence is usually required” under the dependency on alcohol section. Do you know if they expect 100% off booze for a year?

many thanks

Can you let me know if you got it back and what happened? I had detox/rehab in may 2016. License revoked in December and got medical tomorrow. Doc has already sent DVLA my medical records showing abstinence since then.

dvla say “abstinence is usually required” under the dependency on alcohol section. Do you know if they expect 100% off booze for a year?

many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off