Medical form to be returned in 14 days

Convicted Driver Insurance

Curly66

Hi. I posted on here Sunday about my husband receiving a medical form. It is asking him for the last time he smoked cannibis. That was Saturday night. He is determined that’s the last time he’s doing it now. He wasn’t driving when he used it. He had a seizure out of the blue and in my panic I said he had smoked a joint 🙄🙄 We don’t know what to write on the form. Do we admit that he smoked it a couple of weeks ago and then I presume they won’t even get him to take a test. Or do we say he hasn’t smoked for months and then go and fail the test?

The letter says he must send it back within 14 days, so if we make sure it gets there as late as possible (Not at all suspicious 😜) does anybody know how long it takes for them to send you for a medical? I’m hoping that because of Covid, they are behind!! Is it possible for it to take another two weeks after they receive the letter back? Or is that wishful thinking?!

Also, has anybody done their own urine test Beforehand? Lloyds chemist do one for £15 and wondered if it’s sensitive enough?
Sorry about the long post!

Hope somebody can help me out 🤗

This company offer cannabis checks that are much cheaper, and they say what the sensitivity is, whereas Lloyds do not:

it seems that after lying in the first place, you are now asking if your husband should continue lying. If he has been drinking 5 pints of Fosters every Saturday night that would put him over the ‘warning signal’ number of units in a day for a medical, so is he going to lie about that as well?
he has to make his mind up about coming clean and deal with whatever that brings, of continue to lie and face much worse consequences if he is found out. I am not going to offer advice on that.

Sorry what do you mean that he ‘lied in the first place’? About what? Why would he lie about drinking five pints of lager a week? Is that a lot then??? I wasn’t aware that he lied. We wouldn’t be going thru this if he HAD lied and said he didn’t smoke cannibis would we?

I didn’t realise what a drug-taking borderline alcoholic I was living with!

I based what I said on: “He had a seizure out of the blue and in my panic I said he had smoked a joint” did you mean you panicked and told the truth? In which case I misunderstood.....
The medical questionnaire asks:
b) How often in the last year have you drank 6 units or more on a single occasion?
I am not saying that 5 pints is excessive, but for DVLA it will trigger further enquiries when he reports drinking 11 units on one day every week if the year, even though it is within the 14units per week guidelines.

You have to understand that you do not have to be a “borderline alcoholic” to be caught up in a web of DVLA enquiries to assess fitness to hold a licence!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off