Medical for drug driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lfc123

Hi everyone, I have finished a drug driving ban and called the DVLA to see if it was possible to drive, but I was told I have to take a medical first and wait for a decision, I’m worried about the blood test because throughout my ban I smoked cannabis a lot more. How detectable is the blood test for cannabis in my system? If anyone can help me or been through the same situation can you let me know please. Thanks

Cannabis is detectable in the system for a number of weeks. For daily users, cannabis may be detectable for several months after last use. The longest-reported detection times are more than 90 days. You really need to decide whether you want to keep smoking OR want to drive, you cannot do both. Doing the bear minimum to pass the test is not enough. Learn from your mistake, give up the weed now or give up the idea of driving.

Reactions: TPR
For a blood sample that DVLA do, cannabis use would be detectable for 35 days or so.

Cannabis is detectable in the system for a number of weeks. For daily users, cannabis may be detectable for several months after last use. The longest-reported detection times are more than 90 days. You really need to decide whether you want to keep smoking OR want to drive, you cannot do both. Doing the bear minimum to pass the test is not enough. Learn from your mistake, give up the weed now or give up the idea of driving.

Hi thanks for taking time to reply to my message of concern. Yes thank you for the information you have provided me, my reason for asking this question wasn’t to choose wether it’s driving or weed I want in my life, it was to see how long it stays there in my system as I have now stopped any weed smoking altogether because In my eyes my driving is way more important than having a smoke, I was just worried because I have smoked it consistently throughout my ban through boredom, stupid I know but it’s what I did. So I am now worried about this medical. Thanks for your help and I appreciate you taking time to reply to me. Have a lovely day 👍🏻😁

For a blood sample that DVLA do, cannabis use would be detectable for 35 days or so.

Thank you for taking time out your day to reply to me. Thanks for the information you have provided me hopefully in these next 4 - 6 weeks I can flush this out of my system and get back to driving. Stupid mistake from the beginning really but I only have myself to blame. Enjoy the rest of your day 👍🏻😁

I hope you do kick the weed.
You have to remember that the threshold for cannabis use is quite low. It isn’t about impairment like drink driving and it is possible to fail a drugs test for cannabis 24 hours or more after smoking a joint.

I hope you do kick the weed.
You have to remember that the threshold for cannabis use is quite low. It isn’t about impairment like drink driving and it is possible to fail a drugs test for cannabis 24 hours or more after smoking a joint.

Don’t worry mate weed is no longer an option in my life now so I will be kicking that habit most definitely.
I’m just worried about my blood test if I would of knew about this during my ban I would of not been smoking it at all so I have basically ruined it for myself. When you are saying the threshold for cannabis use is low on a test do you mean the swab test or the blood test? Thank you 👍🏻

The swab test is very sensitive, but the one to worry about is the blood sample. The legal limit is 2ug/l, which is 2 parts in a million! The claim is that this is too low for it to have been from passive smoking but would be detectable for a long time after the driver felt no effects whatsoever.

Don’t worry mate weed is no longer an option in my life now so I will be kicking that habit most definitely.
I’m just worried about my blood test if I would of knew about this during my ban I would of not been smoking it at all so I have basically ruined it for myself. When you are saying the threshold for cannabis use is low on a test do you mean the swab test or the blood test? Thank you 👍🏻
Hi buddy,I've not long come of a drug driving ban myself for thc.i smoked resin for over 20 years,smoking 8 single rolled smokes a day.i became immune to the stuff I suppose.i had the odd smoke of green now and again and know how much stronger the green is.i all the research I have done I would suggest you give yourself 90 days to compleatly clean your system out.Drink cranberry juice and water each day this helps,what was your reading in your bloods

The swab test is very sensitive, but the one to worry about is the blood sample. The legal limit is 2ug/l, which is 2 parts in a million! The claim is that this is too low for it to have been from passive smoking but would be detectable for a long time after the driver felt no effects whatsoever.
Ok thanks for all your help I do appreciate it and hopefully I have this sorted soon 👍🏻

Hi buddy,I've not long come of a drug driving ban myself for thc.i smoked resin for over 20 years,smoking 8 single rolled smokes a day.i became immune to the stuff I suppose.i had the odd smoke of green now and again and know how much stronger the green is.i all the research I have done I would suggest you give yourself 90 days to compleatly clean your system out.Drink cranberry juice and water each day this helps,what was your reading in your bloods
Hi mate, thanks for replying to me, I understand fully mate I have been smoking it a lot over the passed 12months mostly green too so that’s why I have been worried. I’ve seen research about drinking cranberry juice so I started that and now it’s become the norm for me. I have also spoke to other people in my situation and a lot of people have told me because of COVID-19 there is a back log, some people have been waiting the past 6months and still no sign of them being able to do the medical. I never gave blood on the day I was arrested so I haven’t had a reading which is making me think why I’m in this position now. Thanks for taking time out your day to reply to me 👍🏻😁

Hi I caught caught reading was 5.4 but judge said it was a low reading
Ban up 11th December wasn’t ordered to retake test or a medical.

Do you have to take a medical.

Hi everyone, I have finished a drug driving ban and called the DVLA to see if it was possible to drive, but I was told I have to take a medical first and wait for a decision, I’m worried about the blood test because throughout my ban I smoked cannabis a lot more. How detectable is the blood test for cannabis in my system? If anyone can help me or been through the same situation can you let me know please. Thanks
Hi was you ordered to do a medical ?

Shit that me done then I been smoking a q a day for the past 10 months if not more

Why do you have to take a medical I didn't.have you past history with the dvla...
Hi mate just come across this thread got 2 months left but now I’m bricking it
I wasn’t ordered to do nothing the judge was even going to let me off as Ima carer but cus my sister drives and the sleeping tablets she takes wasn’t the 200mg sleepers he had to ban me.

I was 5.4 but the judge said it was a low reading

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off