Medical Drink Drive CDT test help please? I cracked :(

Convicted Driver Insurance
yeah, thats what a lot of people told me, but my solicitor said I would be looking at community service which would have screwed up my responsibilities at family business, so we pushed for the curfew instead because i didnt want our business to suffer because of my irresponsibility.

on a side note - the private CDT advertised on this site - how is the blood taken , do you do it yourself ?
Some of the Medichecks tests can be done with a finger prick, but they say that the CDT one needs a veinous sample, so a needle and syringe is required. You could ask at your doctors if the nurse would take it, or Medichecks offer to get someone to take it for you..... for an additional fee of course!

never heard of a curfew being given out - that would have screwed my shift work up
Curfews are not common for drink driving. The last person I came across on a TTC Drink Drive course who had a curfew said that the magistrates had said “you will be fined £480” he said “I can’t pay it, you might as well send me to prison now.” Magistrates had a discussion and said “ you will be fined £240, and will have a 2 month curfew.”

Curfews are not common for drink driving. The last person I came across on a TTC Drink Drive course who had a curfew said that the magistrates had said “you will be fined £480” he said “I can’t pay it, you might as well send me to prison now.” Magistrates had a discussion and said “ you will be fined £240, and will have a 2 month curfew.”

I thought it seemed strange, as it didnt seem to "fit the crime"..... basically take away my licence and give me community service and a fine would be more fitting, but they took on board my work responsibilities and i was quite surprised they issued it.
All in all, I got a 40 month ban, 2 months prison sentence suspended for a year and the 2 month curfew from december to february and a £860 fine.

Sorry u answer my curfew Questiion already, but what happened Rosie

not much to say really, just like a lot of us here... was daft enough to get behind a wheel whilst under the influence.
Only difference is that I had a one year ban in 2008 for driving whilst taking feminax tablets so the magistrates had no choice but to charge me with the "two offences within 10 year rule"

Sorry to ask but what on earth is in them to have you banned the first time
codeine phosphate... it made me a bit drowsy at the wheel and the police car behind saw me slow down, swerve slightly and watched me pull in to a lay by then they stopped with their flashing light behind me to come over to talk.
No alcohol involved, just milk due to stomach cramps, but they pressed charges anyway. Even my solicitor for the drink driving charge said i shouldnt have been done for it, but The Law is The Law.

I havent been back to this site before now because of the horrid judgemental comments. I'd just lost my grandma who brought me up after my mother passed when I was a teenager and I drank. That doesnt mean that I havent learned my lesson about drink driving. I initially got caught due to drinking in a hotel all night bar, going to bed at 4am and driving home at 10am. This was my first drink in months as I rary drink anyway. Just because 'I cracked' and drank wine every night for a few days following my grandmas death, my divorce going through and upcoming Christmas with no family does not make me an alcoholic or drink driver. I would never get behind the wheel after even one drink now. I hate the stuff really as it causes me great anxiety hence hardly doing it but at thatowest point I did binge to try and forget my sadness. Jumping down my throat saying 'get down the pub' etc etc actually sent me into a deep depression second guessing myself and why people are so cruel. If i wasnt so strong that could easily have resulted in a tradgedy so to the people who did that you should really think twice before you speak. I said nothing in any way nasty in my original post and tried to be honest to get some friendly advice. I apologise to the nice people on here who read my angry comments. Berevement and disappointment in oneself does that when even more shit gets thrown at you. Anyway I cancelled my medical and saved up enough to buy the medicheck test. I had blood taken the day I was booked for my medical to see what the results would have been exactly 2 weeks after my binge. Awaiting rests now. Has anyone had the test and can advise how long it took to get the results? Thank you.

Oh and to add, I haven't had a drop of alcohol since the binge. Not over Christmas or New Year. I even refused trifle with sherry in it as it actually makes me feel sick thinking of how I let myself down the other week so we will see what Medichecks comes back with to answer wether or not the people who commented that I wou not pass were correct. I will give honest results.

Hi Marrisab. Glad you came back. Good luck, and genuinely interested in what your results are. Nobody here is judgemental - just lots of us in the same boat, and others who are trying to help. Anyway... have a look at this...
https://assets.publishing.service.g...1-online-confidential-medical-information.pdf
You will need to answer this when you do your CDT test. Have a look at questions 3 and relate what you said to what you will put. It’s not just passing the test :)

Hi thanks for that. Yeah I'm just gonna be totally honest. Tell tyem I did have a drink after my gran died. But I was disqualified and didn't have any intention or way of getting behind the wheel so irrelevant really. I'm in great health, dont usually drink, don't smoke, having my licence back will allow me to get back into work (was self employed) and therefore even more reason not to drink. Also read quite a few books this past couple weeks on the effects of alcohol on the brain, I'm studying a medical degree at the moment so becoming very aware that alcohol is not attractive in any way shape or form.
Just want these blooming results back from medicheck! Anyone had it know the turnaround time if chosen express results as I heard it was quicker than the 8 days stated?
Thanks again.

Hi thanks for that. Yeah I'm just gonna be totally honest. Tell tyem I did have a drink after my gran died. But I was disqualified and didn't have any intention or way of getting behind the wheel so irrelevant really. I'm in great health, dont usually drink, don't smoke, having my licence back will allow me to get back into work (was self employed) and therefore even more reason not to drink. Also read quite a few books this past couple weeks on the effects of alcohol on the brain, I'm studying a medical degree at the moment so becoming very aware that alcohol is not attractive in any way shape or form.
Just want these blooming results back from medicheck! Anyone had it know the turnaround time if chosen express results as I heard it was quicker than the 8 days stated?
Thanks again.

I did post my sample on a monday via special delivery and got the results back on friday.Hope this helps.

Mate, listen. You have said so many things that should tell you your problem. And this isn’t a lecture, as I blew way more than you, and have over a year to go before getting my licence back.
As an HRO... the point of the test is to find out if you have drinking under control. That you won’t hit a situation that will make you do the same thing again.
- Asking how long you can keep drinking before a test, shows you are still high risk.
- Stating that there are situations that will drive you to drink, PROVES that you don’t have control.
- You already know that some sources state the CDT test can dedect drinking over the last 6 months. And some say less... But you chose to ignore the worst case scenario and are hoping for the lesser.
- You still enjoy a “good old binge drink” despite desperately wanting your license back.

You are Absolutely not going to pass your CDT test if you have binge drinked over the last few weeks. And if you are really saying you can’t afford £80 to check, then you don’t even care. If you do your CDT test, and fail it... then there is another 1 year extension to your ban. Find the 80 quid.

Thanks for your 'absolutely not going to pass' comment which made me sick with anxiety and withdraw my application. I did however spend the 80odd quid on a medichecks blood test which I had taken at my closest partner hospital on the exact day my medical was booked. Just to see how massively high my cdt levels were as you suggested they would be.
So 14 days after a 3 day binge on strong wine (between 1 - 1.5 bottles in each 24 hour period) resulted in a cdt score of just 1.0%
So totally wrong! I am not dependant on alcohol whatsoever. I drink WAY less than every other one of mine (and probably your) 'mates' do, especially after a bereavement of the woman who brought me up.
Luckily I was able to have my 6 week window extended due to the Christmas period and lack of available appointments and had my medical for dvla yesterday... 6 days after my medichecks test.
You really should not tell people they have problems with alcohol (suggesting alcoholic) when all they did was have a few days of bereavement depression and caved to stop the pain for a little while.
Everyone has done it. It does not make you a raving alcoholic.
Looking forward to my licence, and life back next week.
Cheers!!

Just to add... If someone does have a situation that they would drink such as a death... that isnt saying theyre drink driving is it lol. So I could binge as much as I wanted... IF I wanted... as long as I dont get behind the wheel that is none of DVLA's business. I think perhaps it is YOU that will struggle hence getting on your high horse to others trying to make them as anxious as yourself. Good luck with that. Hope you don't lose someone special and have the piss taken out of you for drinking AND NOT driving as you did to me.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off