Medical advice - results still not back

Convicted Driver Insurance

Karty

Hi was just looking for some advice if possible!

I’ve had my medical and a urine test was done but they missed the blood test (was an error) so I had to attend another appointment for that. The DVLA have told me the results are still not back from the lab but can’t give me a reason why, despite being told it would only take a maximum of 10 working days to receive them from the lab.

I’ve emailed Tim Burton but not received any joy with that and I’ve also contacted the medical doctor directly who has told me the results ARE back but she doesn’t get to see them. Would it be worth contacting the laboratory directly? I asked the DVLA but they told me I’m not allowed to do that, but surely they can’t stop me?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi was just looking for some advice if possible!

I’ve had my medical and a urine test was done but they missed the blood test (was an error) so I had to attend another appointment for that. The DVLA have told me the results are still not back from the lab but can’t give me a reason why, despite being told it would only take a maximum of 10 working days to receive them from the lab.

I’ve emailed Tim Burton but not received any joy with that and I’ve also contacted the medical doctor directly who has told me the results ARE back but she doesn’t get to see them. Would it be worth contacting the laboratory directly? I asked the DVLA but they told me I’m not allowed to do that, but surely they can’t stop me?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Hi Karty, I'm afraid i can't give you any definitive answers only what i would do in the situation:-

1) Dr missing the blood test is really unfortunate but the DVLA will insist on it and that the rules are followed. I see you have already provided another sample.
2) I would speak to the Dr. who has told you the results have been returned and ask for additional information e.g. Date results posted, date of test, any reference numbers to help tracking etc.
3) I would then contact the DVLA (not easy i know) and provide them with this information both verbally and in writing. Chances are results will turn up before you get an answer to your enquiry but it does help to think you are doing something to speed things along.

hope this helps, if just a little bit - sometimes just knowing people are listening and reading and providing some sort of reply can help raise spirits.

Good luck!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off