Maximum timeframe for Insurers to recoup costs via Court Proveedings

Convicted Driver Insurance

firemansam007

Well Known Member
Dear forum members and our top contributors. Many thanks for your help and support, it's invaluable.

I have a question regarding the maximum timeframe within which the insurance company can initiate Legal proceedings or notify about Letter of Claim or Letter Before Claim.

I understand it's 6 years from date of the accident, but some say it's 6 years from the last communication from the insurer. Some people also it's 6 years from the date of conviction. Please can you advise.

I am just into the last 6 months or the 6 year time period, fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Sam

You’ve kind of answered your own question, the timeframe is 6 years from the incident, not from last communication, if it was from last communication logically would make it a way longer process and as well Personal injury claims are 3 years from date of incident

Dear forum members and our top contributors. Many thanks for your help and support, it's invaluable.

I have a question regarding the maximum timeframe within which the insurance company can initiate Legal proceedings or notify about Letter of Claim or Letter Before Claim.

I understand it's 6 years from date of the accident, but some say it's 6 years from the last communication from the insurer. Some people also it's 6 years from the date of conviction. Please can you advise.

I am just into the last 6 months or the 6 year time period, fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Sam
You normally have 6 years to begin a claim from when your loss first occurred, so for the insurers this would be when they began paying out money to the other party.

Hope this helps.

I think you just answered your own question. I don't like answering repetitive questions and those that have already been answered by others. Just simply read.
Yes and know. i raised this question since there were different answers from people ie 6 years from date of accident / 6 years from last communication (which makes out life like sword of Democles)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off