Maintaining my UK Licence or not ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

drissy

Dear all, I was drinking the night before and tested positive the morning after while driving. I was heavily fined and banned from driving in Poland. I am a resident in Poland on temporary 10 year stay, My car was re registered in Poland from the UK last March and my car insurance and mot are all in Polish . I have been driving around only on my UK full clean driving licence. This has now been retained by Polish police and it will be sent back to the UK DVLA. The law has recently changed here in Poland and I believe I had up until the end of 2022 to change over from a UK to a Polish Licence. I received a minimum of 3 year ban in Poland reducing to 1.5 years if I use a solicitor and do not try drive again. This is only 90% assured. I am not aware of any rehabilitation course in English while in Poland.

I am a consultant that needs to drive at least in 6 different European countries even though I live her in Poland all my self employed work is split across Poland, UK, Germany, Ireland & Denmark.

I am really desperate for help. thank you all in advance

MY questions are as follows.
1. Will I be banned automatically in the UK & Rest of Europe.
2. Will I have to take my driving test again in the UK
3. Will I be able to drive in Ireland on my existing Licence if I get it back
4. Can I take any driving rehabilitation courses as I am quite shaken up about the whole thing as I went to jail for almost two days regardless of feeling ok to drive from the night before.

Dear all, I was drinking the night before and tested positive the morning after while driving. I was heavily fined and banned from driving in Poland. I am a resident in Poland on temporary 10 year stay, My car was re registered in Poland from the UK last March and my car insurance and mot are all in Polish . I have been driving around only on my UK full clean driving licence. This has now been retained by Polish police and it will be sent back to the UK DVLA. The law has recently changed here in Poland and I believe I had up until the end of 2022 to change over from a UK to a Polish Licence. I received a minimum of 3 year ban in Poland reducing to 1.5 years if I use a solicitor and do not try drive again. This is only 90% assured. I am not aware of any rehabilitation course in English while in Poland.

I am a consultant that needs to drive at least in 6 different European countries even though I live her in Poland all my self employed work is split across Poland, UK, Germany, Ireland & Denmark.

I am really desperate for help. thank you all in advance

MY questions are as follows.
1. Will I be banned automatically in the UK & Rest of Europe.
2. Will I have to take my driving test again in the UK
3. Will I be able to drive in Ireland on my existing Licence if I get it back
4. Can I take any driving rehabilitation courses as I am quite shaken up about the whole thing as I went to jail for almost two days regardless of feeling ok to drive from the night before.

To answer your questions. No you will not be banned in the UK, given you have a UK address you can get a duplicate UK licence issued by saying you lost your original. You will not have to take your test again in the UK, you can drive in Ireland as they only recognise Irish bans and UK bans. As far as I know Poland do not have any agreements with any other EU Nations to recognise their bans so you are only banned in Poland and finally the rehabilitation course is only available to those banned by the court in the UK. A case reference is required at booking.

To answer your questions. No you will not be banned in the UK, given you have a UK address you can get a duplicate UK licence issued by saying you lost your original. You will not have to take your test again in the UK, you can drive in Ireland as they only recognise Irish bans and UK bans. As far as I know Poland do not have any agreements with any other EU Nations to recognise their bans so you are only banned in Poland and finally the rehabilitation course is only available to those banned by the court in the UK. A case reference is required at booking.
Thank you ever so much for your reply

Agree with Grice96, except for 1 thing….. TTC will accept self referrals by telephone for the Drink Drive Rehabilitation course, even if you have not been convicted, to gain an insight into drink driving and alcohol issues.
Obviously there will be no reduction in the ban, if it is not court ordered, but the fee is reduced to reflect this.

Thank you ever so much I will check it all out. Great to see initiatives in place to help people and save lives

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off