LV car insurance third party claim

Convicted Driver Insurance

Molly1234

Hi Everyone, long story short my partner was involved in a DD incident and hit a parked car, luckily no one was injured. Insurance details were exchanged. Third party made a claim to get their car fixed which had been done already. He didn’t claim on his car through insurance because they won’t cover it. However I have just read on the forum that Admiral insurance comes after DD drivers to claim for the cost they had to pay for repairs to the third party.
Pretty much every insurance has a clause in their policy that they “reserve the right to recover the third party cost from you” if you were under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.
My question is that apart from Admiral did anyone had a similar situation where insurer chased them for cost, especially if someone was with LV?
And secondly how long does the insurer has to make such claim if they are planning on doing it?
Thank you.

the “admiral Group” are the only ones I know that try to enforce a claim back for drink drive related costs. That includes Elephant.com and others under the Admiral ‘Umbrella’
In theory, any company wanting to take court action would have to commence these within 6 years.

the “admiral Group” are the only ones I know that try to enforce a claim back for drink drive related costs. That includes Elephant.com and others under the Admiral ‘Umbrella’
In theory, any company wanting to take court action would have to commence these within 6 years.
Thank you for your reply. Well my partner only had the accident 5 weeks ago so it means we have this sword hanging over our shoulders for another 6 years. Well let’s hope that LV doesn’t come after us.

I have looked through the LV insurance terms and conditions and cannot see any reference to them coming after you for third party costs if convicted of drink driving:

Thank you for taking the time out and having a look at the policy much appreciated, and yes you are right it doesn’t say on this one. But there was a similar document to this one which I found online it was 20 pages and under general exceptions they had that clause of reserving the right to recover the cost if you are driving under the influence of alcohol.

Was your partner arrested for DD, or did he just have an accident under the influence? I assume the former, but it's worth clarification.

Hi Everyone, long story short my partner was involved in a DD incident and hit a parked car, luckily no one was injured. Insurance details were exchanged. Third party made a claim to get their car fixed which had been done already. He didn’t claim on his car through insurance because they won’t cover it. However I have just read on the forum that Admiral insurance comes after DD drivers to claim for the cost they had to pay for repairs to the third party.
Pretty much every insurance has a clause in their policy that they “reserve the right to recover the third party cost from you” if you were under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.
My question is that apart from Admiral did anyone had a similar situation where insurer chased them for cost, especially if someone was with LV?
And secondly how long does the insurer has to make such claim if they are planning on doing it?
Thank you.
My grandson was told by Lv they would claim any 3rd party costs back from him. His policy did not pay out as alcohol was involved.

My grandson was told by Lv they would claim any 3rd party costs back from him. His policy did not pay out as alcohol was involved.
Hi thanks for your reply. Did the insurance paid out the third party or not? And how long after they came after your grandson to recover the cost?

Hi thanks for your reply. Did the insurance paid out the third party or not? And how long after they came after your grandson to recover the cost?
It is still ongoing, we are going to try and pay the 3rd party costs ourselves.
Did they come after you?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off