Lost license, still paying insurance?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Tamryn

Hi all, my partner was arrested for drink driving a few months ago, and at the cour case lost his license for 2 years and as a result lost his job as it depended on him being able to drive. Is it correct that even without a license , and without a car ( it was trashed in the accident) he can still be forced to pay insurance? They want to take 350 pounds off him this month alone. I dont understand how this works and obviously with no income at the moment is getting very stressed. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Hi all, my partner was arrested for drink driving a few months ago, and at the cour case lost his license for 2 years and as a result lost his job as it depended on him being able to drive. Is it correct that even without a license , and without a car ( it was trashed in the accident) he can still be forced to pay insurance? They want to take 350 pounds off him this month alone. I dont understand how this works and obviously with no income at the moment is getting very stressed. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

I would assume it depends on the terms & conditions of the insurance policy in question.

I know when I got banned off I was liable to pay nearly the whole cost of the insurance policy and I was only 4-5 months into it. I was paying monthly installments and apparantly my insurance policy was kind of like a loan/credit agreement which could not be cancelled without penalty.

I would read the small print and maybe get in touch with the citizens advice bureau or the financial ombudsman service.

I wonder if the OP is referring to the new laws about every car having to have an insurance policy attached to it? If so, then if the car has been scrapped/SORNed then no you don't.

Of course, I might be wrong!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off