Looking for Advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

tombg

Hi I was looking for some advice regarding my licence being revoked.

I ran a red light and crashed into another car. I was given 6 points which resulted in me losing my licence as I had been driving 3 days short of 2 years. I appealed the revocation and have a court date for the 17th June 2020. I'm appealing on the basis that I am a carer for my disabled mother who is in a wheelchair and it will be difficult for me to care for her properly without access to a vehicle.

A few days ago I was arrested while driving. I was arrested for driving while disqualified but later de-arrested as I wasn’t disqualified, my licence was revoked. I'm currently waiting for a summons regarding this in the post.

The police officer who dealt with me said I could have applied for a ‘special circumstances hearing’ because I’m a carer. And while they reviewed it I would have been aloud to continue to drive.

Im looking to find out if I can apply for this special circumstances hearing now and how I would go about doing that?

Good evening.

Firstly, I'm not sure the advice the officer has given you is entirely correct.

Either way at the hearing you have coming up,.which I am assuming because the sentence was passed your absence, they will decide if the 6 points they have given you should stand. Your circumstances will make a difference at this hearing but this will not be a special reasons hearing as that only applies when you are to be disqualified. I have to tell you the fact that you continued driving will be held against you and you will at some future point receive a summons to Court for driving without a licence and possibly no insurance.

I hope things go your way on the 17th.

Good luck
Martin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off